25 ☽

//Author's note: Mature content warning. Abuse and sexual themes. 

"Where are we going?" Lila asked, not liking the tone in Zachary's nervous stance. He seemed calculating, like a tiger that was ready to pounce upon it's unsuspecting prey.

He offered his perfect smile, before he took her hand. All of her instincts send sirens of alarm.

Instantaneously, it seemed, they were inside Zachary's elaborate white bed chambers.

Mirrors over his bed sent her head spinning, but she managed to keep a face of impassiveness as he soon offered her a glass of white wine. He lead her to sit at the foot of the king-sized mattress and as she did so, she crossed her legs protectively.

Boldly, he sat too close to her.

She brushed her hair behind her ear on the one side where it hung over her shoulders, but Zachary quickly brushed her hair completely to her back. He then took her heels off, offering her some comfort while in his impeccable chambers. Puzzled by his tender actions, Lila's brow furrowed. "Zachary, what-"

"Shush." He said as he closed his eyes tightly and pressed his forehead against hers.

He breathed, even though he had no need for the air.

He then says, "You will never understand how deeply I love you."

He pulled back to stare into her eyes. They had her mesmerized not from love, but from the need to predict his following actions. Then, he asks, "Do you love me?"

She looked down as she replied softly, "Yes."

He took her face into his chilled hands, carefully, as he urged her to look at him.

Sighing out, he says, "I need to feel you. In every way. To know that what you say to me, is the truth."

Lila shuddered and continued to shake, spilling some of the wine in her hand. Neither seemed to notice.

Mustering up her own courage, she asserts, "If you loved me, you'd respect my decision to wait until we are married."

Her terror froze her and she braced herself for the wrath of the vampire.

He smiled that charming smile again, which meant her dismissal was being taken lightly.

Like a bolt of lightening, Zachary flashed into his streak of danger.

The wine glass was slapped out of her hand, hitting the door on the far side of the room and shattering into thousands of nearly invisible pieces.

The vampire grabbed her from behind, lifting her from the bed. Holding her by the neck with one crushing hand, his eyes glowed with the promise of blood.

She struggled to breathe, her throat readying to collapse under his super strength. Feeling his rage through the contact, she knew that any second could be her last. Instead of killing her then and there, she was dragged out of the room and down the hall. She's thrown into the elevator as Zachary enters in behind her.

His staff passed, staring but not involving themselves in the situation. Here, Zachary was King.

Nothing was questioned, not even in regard to the gasping girl in the elevator.

She could barely see due to the lack of oxygen. She's dizzy as she struggles to find her feet. She's stopped in her attempt to stand, as Zachary violently laced his fingers roughly into her tangled tresses. The elevator came to stop in its decent and when the doors parted, he's dragging her out onto their new floor.