Part I: 00

The time without Alec was the longest, most horrendous time of her life. Of course, she had moments with her brothers that made her forget the pain, but any other time she was missing him so unbearably much. She was confused, at first, because she had only met him for, like, fifteen minutes but when she had begun to think that, she got a call from an unfamiliar phone number, which she later learned was Alice Cullen's. 

Alice explained to her that it didn't matter how short of a time they were together because the pull of the mate bond was just that strong, and she also mentioned how Alec was feeling it ten times words than she was but when Annalise asked her why Alice just laughed and said that she should go to him. 

Annalise's answer was a firm no and Alice laughed again, obviously knowing she would say that.

This time was for her and her brothers, this time was for her to be free. She wasn't just going to ditch them early because she was feeling a little sad

At the one and a half year mark, Theodore and Elliot literally forced her to go to start heading to Volterra early because she was so miserable and Elliot was beginning to get annoyed because he could feel it due to his gift. They said that if she wouldn't willingly go to Volterra, they would drag her there. 

Which is how they ended up in the Swiss Alps skiing because Annalise had made them agree to spend two weeks in each country they passed through before they stopped in Volterra. The only two countries were France and Switzerland, but it would be enough to satisfy her.

Since it was an unbelievably cloudy day, Annalise had decided she wanted to go skiing and her brothers - Elliot, specifically - agreed very reluctantly. As they relaxed, chatting, after spending three hours straight skiing, Annalise's phone began ringing.

Theodore and Elliot looked at her oddly - Who would be calling her? Why? - and Annalise frowned, also wondering who it was as she fumbled for her phone in her pocket.

Alice Cullen.

"What does she want?" Theodore frowned, motioning for her to answer. Annalise hit accept and she didn't even have the chance to put her phone to her ear before Alice Cullen's panicked voice met their ears:

"Run."

In the distance, over the large mountains, wolves began to howl.