Fade to black

(Ten years ago)

Running. Always running. "Ander?" I call quietly "Yeah, T? I'm here." He says coming around the corner of the old shed. "When do you think we can go home?"

"I dunno baby, I dunno."

"I thought you knew 'EVERYTHING'"

"I usually do" he laughs. Ander was my twin, older than me by mere minutes, but he still treats me like a baby. it's times like this that's I'm glad.

"Are we safe here, Ander?"

"We are for now." he says though I could tell he was just saying that to make me feel better.

"I'm hungry, you want something or not,Tali?" he says after awhile

"Yes, gimme the roast thingy!"

"The one from last night?"

"Yes!!" I say giggling

It was an odd sort of thing, how one minute I could be so close to tears, and the next I could be laughing so herd that I couldn't breath. that's that's the thing with my brother, he could make you happy when your sad, without saying a single word.

That's his gift. Not his only gift, but one of them. I have them too, mine just aren't as useful. No, sorry, they'er useLESS.

"They'er here!" I whisper after trying to sleep for about half an hour. It's our parents fault we're being followed, no ours. I don't even remember them now, and I'm only 8. How can an 8 year old NOT remember her parents! I'm not even sure that I ever had them. My life has always been running.

Running. Always running.