stuck with you

Thank you guys for the requests and comments, and for 2k reads!!

My appointment is finally over, so I run to the elevator. It opens up, and I see c/n. Great! Of course I see him the day I'm not looking my best. 

I just smile at him. I avoid conversation with him because I don't want him to look directly at my face.. I click the button and wait in silence. 

I go on my phone, and I hear some noises. I thought they were coming from my phone, but I look up to c/n and ask, 

"Hey, did you hear that?"

"No? What?"

"It was like a-"

I was about to respond, but the lights went off. All you can see is the light from the screen of my phone.

"OH MY GOD" I yell. 

"Oh my god... y/n..uhh what do we do? Do i call for help?"

"Um obviously!"

C/n pulls his phone out and makes a phone call. 

"Hey umm, I am in this elevator at the Kirk Hospital on Trench street and it broke down. We were at the 3rd floor wanting to go to the main floor. Can you guys pleeeaaasssseeee come over right now??"

 The lights come back on. I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. 

I don't know what the guy on the other side of the line is saying, but c/n's face looked pretty upset when he received a response. 

He looked at you, and said

"oh my god... He said it's going to take 30 minutes for them to get over here!!!"

We both looked pretty upset. 

"Well, I might as well sit down." you tell him, sitting down. 

He sits down as well, but he just goes onto his phone. 

I thought this would be perfect for us to get to know each other, but he doesn't get off his damn phone. 

I sigh, and just wait for his battery to die. 

It's been an hour, and nothing has happened. Every time c/n calls, they say they will be on their way. 

"Well, feels like we're gonna be here all year. What have you been up to?" He finally brings up a topic to talk about. 

"Nothing, just needed a checkup here, nothing exciting. What about you?"

"Same here, my life is pretty boring and I just need some new friends."

I laugh and nod in agreement. 

2 hours pass, and you hear a bunch of noise outside of the elevator. 

"HEY?? ANYONE HERE?" someone yells. 

"YES!!!"

We yell.

"IT WILL TAKE US A COUPLE OF HOURS TO GET THIS FIXED. WE APOLOGIZE FOR TAKING SO LONG BUT WE ARE NOW WORKING ON IT."

We sigh, and keep on with our conversation. 

We have officially have been talking for 2 hours.  We have been talking to each other like if we are close friends, which really makes me feel good. His humor makes me so happy and I enjoy laughing at all of the jokes he has been making. I could never get tired of them. 

"Yeah... but do you like someone?" he hesitantly asks, playing with his fingers.

"Yeah, do you..?"

"Yeah..."

I was hoping it was me. 

"Who?"

"It's-"

The elevator starts to move down.  The elevator door finally opens and everything looks so bright. 

We both look at each other and sigh in relief. We get up and walk out, thanking all of the people there that helped. 

"Well, that was interesting and I never thought I would be in there stuck with you." I tell him, pushing him over to the side, playfully. 

He laughs, and before we go, 

"Wait.. y/n. Before we go our ways and probably never talk to each other again, I uhhh, i just wanna see you again. I enjoy your humor."

"I love talking with you. Wanna meet for coffee tomorrow?" you ask. 

He hands me his phone, already on the "new contact" option so I could put in my number.

"Well, message me, and we can meet up tomorrow." he says.

"ok then, see you tomorrow." 

Well, I guess until tomorrow. Thanks for reading guys. :)) There will be a part two up soon.