78. One More Chance

I know I updated less than twelve hours ago, but I am really into it at the moment, and feel bad for Ava. I am getting so defensive over her because she's my little baby that I created and I hate seeing nasty things written. I get that she didn't make the wisest of choices, but Luke is kind of being extremely convincing and downplaying the bond that Harry and Ava have for his own selfish reasons. Harry and Ava have such a great bond, but things unfortunately just keep getting in the way. Hopefully things will change x

Twitter: WordsWithGem 
Snapchat: gemma.allan
Instagram: gemma.allan

"I need you so badly."

How could it be that those five little words have such an effect on me?

Harry.

Harry uttered those exact words to me earlier on in the night.

Harry, who poured his heart and soul out to me in the English streets. Harry – the tormented soul of a man who lost me to another. The man who wants me, but is in too much pain to be with me.

I can't go through with this. How can I?

"Stop," I tell him, before he enters me. "I can't."

He exhales heavily and places his head to rest in the crevice of my neck.

"I'm sorry," I tell him.

I don't know what made me stop, but my intuition was screaming no. Harry is the only guy that has ever been there. The only man that I've allowed to see me at my most vulnerable, and something inside of me is telling me to keep it that way.

"It's fine," he groans, obviously affected. "I can be patient."

"Asking you to wait for me to be ready isn't fair to you though," I reply.

"Well I've been patiently waiting for you without having you ask me anyways."

What?

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Ava from the second since I first saw you, I told myself I need to find a way to make you mine. I've waited for you since that first night, and I'll continue waiting for you."

Oh my.

"Luke... I just. I don't know if –"

"It's fine," he says, cutting me off. Wrapping his arms around me from behind, he kisses me firmly on my bare shoulder, and that is the last thing I remember before I fall into a relaxed slumber.

        -      -      -      -      -

I wake to an outstretched arm hanging lazily over me, hands entwined with one another's.

I am happy for a moment for this familiarity, but then everything comes back to me. Almost like a bad dream that doesn't quite come to you after initially waking up.

With extreme slowness and caution, I carefully take his arm off of me, and sit up so that my feet hit the cold floors. I stretch my arms up, arching my back and the voice from behind me interrupts my moment.

"Well aren't you a vision," Luke's voice croaks from behind me.

I grab part of the sheet to modestly cover what is on display and he tugs it back.

"Come back to bed," he pouts.

"No," I say shaking my head with my back to him.

We are both silent for a moment before he chooses to speak.