chapter 9

The next day passed just like all the other days for both the families. But the night was a bit different for the Malhotra's.
Both raj and nyonika were waiting for both their children.
After a few minutes both of them entered together returning from their music season preparing for a new album.
Nyo: Manik ,mukti get changed and come for the dinner we are waiting for both of you
They just nodded and went to their respective to get changed and returned shortly.
At the table after serving
Nyo: hmm Manik I need to talk to you. Can I?
Man: mom from when did you become so formal with me. Just tell what you have to say. And he continued eating
Raj: actually Manik as you achieved so much in your professional front and now well settled i think it's the correct time for you think about family.
Man: dad I can't understand be clear
Nyo: your dad means to say that now it's time for your marriage and we even have a girl in our mind. It's none other than nandhini as in Murthys daughter.
Muk:whattttt....
Raj:what happened beta you don't like her we won't forget against our children's wish. So don't worry
Muk:no no dad I didn't mean that. I mean wow how our thoughts be the same. Even I thought making her my bhabhi. I'm completely in for this marriage.
All this time Manik was staying and just processing what's happening around him.
Nyo:Manik you have no pressure if you are not fine with this proposal it's okay. Don't stress yourself beta.
Man: mom I have no problem with this proposal. The thing Is that I just have to get the approval of fab3 and rehaan. That's it.
I'll tell my final decision tomorrow during the dinner. is that OK
Raj: it's completely fine with us beta.
Nyo: no all of you off to bed it's already late. Manik stress yourself ok
He just nods and all go to bed awaiting a positive day ahead.
Next day Manik messaged the fab5 to meet at their studio at 5.
By evening Manik completed all his work and went to pick mukti and proceeded to the studio.
Cab:Manik yaar why did you call us
Ali:that too urgently.  Is everything OK.
Man:yeah it is. Wait first let me connect rehaan then I'll tell you what the matter is.
With that Manik called rehaan and started talking with their usual greetings.
Reh: so what happened guys calling me suddenly??
Muk: actually the matter is........Bhai is getting married.
All of them got shocked
Man: mukti tell them clearly as you started it
Muk:actually mom and dad found a perfect bride for bhai and he told that he will tell his decision after all our opinion.
Hearing this all were overwhelmed as Manik gave them such an important place in his life.
Dru: so who is that girl mukti
Muk: guess...........it's nandhini
Cab: you mean nandhini Murthy.
Ali: oh wow
Muk: so guys what say
Dru: we are happy that Manik gave us  such an important place on his life. So we stand with him in his decision as it's his life
Cab: so only he should decide
muk:rehaan you
Reh: I don't know her if bhai says yes then I'm ready to welcome my bhabhi muk: so everyone agree so it's time for you to decide
Man: I think I'm ready for this proposal
Cab: wow congrats Manik
With this everyone congrats him and rehaan disconnects the call
Muk:Guys bhai he'll tell his decision  during dinner to mom and dad. So why don't you guys to join us.
Cab: ok why not.
With that everyone went to Malhotra mansion and Manik told his acceptance for the proposal to his parents.
Raj: I'll call Mr. Murthy immediately and talk to him.
With that he went away with his phone. He called him and asked his permission to visit them that Friday at his house and wants to discuss something personal. After receiving a positive signal he disconnected te call and shared this news with fab5 and nyo.
Muk:so tomorrow evening we are going to their house.
Cab:no mukti we are not coming only you guys will be going.
Muk:but.......ok.
With that they started to talk on random things.

Here in the Murthys house all impatient to know the reason behind Malhotra's sudden arrival.
Nav: wait guys I'll ask cabir maybe he'll know the reaso.
With that she called cabir
Nav: actually cabir raj uncle called to Murthys and told that they would like to come tomorrow to their house. Do you know the reason. I came here to meet nandhini so got to know about it.
Cab: navya I don't know if you want I'll ask and tell you (he said this he didn't know whether to share the news or not)
Nav: ok
With the he puts the call on hold and asks nyonika.
Nyo: cabir you should not hide anything from your partner and moreover if we give them the reason even they'll be prepared so tell her the reason.
And so cabir explained all the events to navya and ended the call.
Here after hearing the news navya became extremely happy and started to dance.
Jee: navya if you tell us the reason even we will dance.
Nav: bhabhi Malhotra's are coming with a proposal for our nandu.
It took a minute for them to realise what she said and all then started dancing expressing how happy they were.
But poor nandhini couldn't come easily like her family. Seeing her standing still
Vir: nandu are you not ready for this proposal.
Nan: no bhai nothing like.
Abi: then what happened doll who are you sad.
Nan: I don't know I'm confused.
Jee: don't think too much tomorrow you are just going to see him. If you like we'll proceed if not don't we'll handle. So don't worry
Nav: what bhabhi is saying is true so don't worry. But I'll tell you one thing I know for 1 year now he is a man of words. He respects and loves his family to much. So if you have any fear or doubts ask  him directly he'll be the best to get your answer. Ok
Nandhini just nods.
San: ok children now all got to your rooms it's already late and navya you stay here itself today.
Nav: ok
With that all go to respective rooms to rest. Even with the Malhotra's it's the same.
Both Manik and nandhini are lost in each others thoughts and sleep like that thinking about one another.