kehlani

kehlani

My body felt hot and sticky. I sat up and looked at my surroundings. I was in Cesar's room. The ceiling fan was turned on but the air still felt humid.

Cesar was still sleeping, and I decided to just start getting ready for the orientation. I walked into his bathroom and grabbed my toothbrush I kept here.

Then came the closet raid. I pulled out a pair of his basketball shorts and slipped them on. I folded the hem to make them fit me better.

Inside of his drawer I took one of his black shirts and slipped it over my  tank top, pulling my gold chain out from under.

"So is this what you do when I'm asleep?" Cesar smiled, his voice groggy from waking up.

"Most of the time." I quipped back as I pulled my hair into a bun. Small strands framed my face, making it look less like an egg.

Cesar started getting ready as I sat in his bed watching Steven Universe. I finished an episode before I heard him clear his throat.

"Damn, you're really gonna copy me?" I laugh, looking at him wearing the same attire I had on.

"First of all, you're wearing my clothes. And second of all, I wanna match my girl." He pulled me in for a quick kiss.

"Come on lover boy let's meet the crew." I put my hands on his chest and gently pushed myself away from him. I slipped my phone into the pocket of the shorts and walked out of the house.

We walked to Ruby's, whose house had always been the go to spot. The summer heat beamed down, with the occasional breeze.

I opened the door, which was always unlocked during the day. Sitting on the couch were Jamal and Ruby. I smiled, walking up to them. I hadn't seen them in so long, and I felt bad I hadn't made an effort to talk to them more over the summer, they were my best friends after all.

"God I missed you guys." I mumbled​ into the group hug. I took a step back and looked at the two smiling boys.

"You look different." Jamal pointed out. He put his hand under his chin, thinking what looked different about me.

"Puberty." Ruby said pointing to my boobs. Jamal nodded,agreeing with him. A scoff escaped my mouth. At that point I didn't know whether or not to be offended.

"Awe Rubes, you got a hair cut." I ran my hand through his tufts of hair, it being different from the last time I saw him. More full and voluptuous.

"Yup, all the chicas are gonna want this suavecito." He wiggled his eyebrows, giving me a suggestive look.

Cesar scoffed and rolled his eyes. I gave him a look as to tell him 'don't be fucking rude'. I knew Cesar got upset because he knew Ruby had a little crush on me, but it was really no more than that.