Chapter 33

Zander and I walked hand-in-hand as he gave me a tour around the entire ground that surrounded the pack house.

So far he had showed me the auditorium, the secret underground hideout where all the shewolves and children could hide when there were rogue attacks, he showed me a beautiful balcony right by our room, where the beautiful view of the woods was displaced. Not far from the pack, was a beautifully tamed garden with so many flowers, I knew. Dandelions, lillies, lavenders and my favourite, red roses.

I couldn't help but feel that Zander's pack was way better than my previous pack. It contained so much life and joy that just brought a smile to my face.

After the tour, I went from hut to hut, greeting all the pack members. Each and everyone welcomed me with a smile on my face. Congratulating me on my new role as a Luna.

"Thank you. It was a pleasure meeting you all," I say to a woman who had a new born pup in her arms. Next to her was her mate, who played an equal role in taking care of the both of them.

I waved at them for the final time, before exiting their hut. The sun shone like a fiery star on my face blinding my vision a little. I could feel the ache in my ankles and heels, due to the fact that I was walking around in heels all day.

"Damn, I'm so tired. It's like a hundred degrees out here," I said, using my arm to shield my eyes from the sun.

"How about we head out for an ice-cream? My treat," Zander proposed.

It was really hot. And I am really craving for ice-cream. This doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

"Sure. I'd really like that," I smile at him. After so long, I will be having ice-cream again. Yay!

"But let me change my outfit first. These heels have been killing me. I don't think I can walk any longer with these on."

In a second, I was swooped into Zander's arms. My eyes widen in shock as he held me genfly against his chest. My heart began to beat faster from the proximate contact we are sharing.

"What's this, Zander," I ask him. My voice audibly less than a whisper.

"You clearly said you couldn't walk any longer,"

"Yes, I did. But I didn't say you should lift me off my feet," I say.

A smirk plasters on his face, making him wink at me.

"I meant that literally, Zander. I can walk for a couple of metres. Plus, everyone is watching," I remark as everyone looked at me being carried in the arms of their Alpha.

"I don't care. They can watch all they want,"

"You won't listen. Will you?"

"Nope," he says, popping the p at the end of the word.

So stubborn. I say in my head.

We reach the pack house. Me still hanging like a ragless doll onto Zander.

We climb the stairs together, as we head to our room. We reach the room and he gently puts me down. Zander's scent engulfs my nostrils, relaxing my tensed muscles.

Being around Zander just brought comfort and peace to my heart. Although he committed so much mistakes that hurt me in the past, I still feel the homey, peaceful feeling he brings when he's around me.

"I'll take a shower. I feel like a pool of sweat," I say to Zander. He nods and allows me to enter the shower.

I enter the shower and quickly take on. Forty-five minutes later, and I am out of the shower. Zander enters after me, his clothes in his hands. So I decide to get ready quickly.

I look in the closet. Since it's freaking hot outside, I grab my denim shorts and a plain white blouse that was slightly transparent. Putting on a pair of white sandals, I tie my hair up in a ponytail. Letting it lay down on my back.

The door to the bathroom opens, revealing Zander to me. He was dressed in black denim jeans and a polo top that defined and revealed his chest muscles. My eyes ran down his muscular arms, meeting his eyes.

His eyes lit up in amusement, but turned cold when he laid his eyes on my outfit. We walks towards me in two strides, stopping in front of me.

"What are you wearing?" His voice is cold and authorative. Like the old Zander I wanted to forget.

I look down at my outfit, confusion masking my face. What is he talking about? Does he expect me to wear a puffy jersey in this hot weather? Hell, no. I wear what I want, whenever I want to.

"What's wrong with my outfit?" I asked him.

He let out a ragged breath, calming down the anger that tried to surface.
"Everything, Alyssa. Your outfit is showing too much," his voice raised slightly. Oh, so he's angry. He didn't even call me love or princess like he usually does.

"Too much what?"

"Skin. Too much skin, Ayssa!" He replied, his rage increasing.

"So what if it's showing skin. I want to wear what I want to. If you really don't want me in this outfit, then alright. Just know I won't be having any ice-cream with you."

I stomp towards the bed, sitting in it and crossing my hands across my chest. My anger was fuming. I may be his mate, but he's got no right to tell me what to wear.

The bed dips beside me as Zander sits next to me. He lays an arm around my shoulder pulling me close to him.

"I'm sorry, love. I don't know what got into me. I was just so... I didn't want anyone to see you in that outfit." he whispers to my ear.

"Why?" I ask him.

"You don't know how damn sexy you look in those shorts, princess. And your legs, damn pretty. It's becoming really hard for me to restrain any longer," he whispers to me, kissing me neck slightly, nibbling.

I let out a shaky breath, my eyes closing involuntarily.

"Zander, not right now." I push him away slightly. A smirk graces his smile, making me blush furiously. I look away, hiding my red tomato face.

Zander gently grabs my chin, making me look him in the eye.

"You look really cute like that. I love to know that I have an effect on you," he whispers to me. His eyes move to my lips and back up again.

Kiss us already! My wolf says.

Shut up! I say and block her out.

"Come on. Let's go," he holds his hand out for me. I gracefully take it, allowing him to pull me up.

He lays an arm around my shounder, pulling me towards his chest. He kissed my cheek, leading us both to the door.

______________________________________

Thanks for reading, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

P.S. Don't miss the update on Tuesday. The chapter will be really interesting. Towards the end...

Plus, we are so close to 1K views! Thanks for all the support you had shown my book till the beginning. Really, I'd never thought Angels and Demons would reach 1K this soon. You guys are the best readers I could have ever asked for!