Dipping your toes in

There's something that really hurts me about Haylor, which if you don't already know is the ship name for Harry Styles and Taylor Swift. So I need to talk about it.

Now I have to start off by saying this is my opinion and my take on what happened. Let's be honest, it's really a rant, because this Midnight Revelation hit me deeper than any others I've had before, and I had to spill my thoughts onto something, somewhere, hence why I turned to Wattpad.

I've come to truly understand what giving everyone a fair go means. And I'm saying this because a majority of the fandom hated this relationship and it received a negative response from most people. But you can't deny that this relationship was important to Harry, it hit him a lot harder than others. I won't bother list the evidence, it's already there and you know it too. As his fan, I want to support him properly, and this includes his relationships. I don't believe in spreading hate and slamming the girls he is linked to, because it is plain immature. There was a time when I  hated Taylor, and even though I didn't bully her online, I was still unkind. I now know that I was wrong. And when I think that he sees all the hate about someone he cares about and there's nothing he can do about it, it makes me really sad and ashamed. I want to do better. Haylor was a major milestone for Harry and Taylor, and it's important we realise the impact it had on them both.

You don't have to agree with me, you don't have to ship it, hell I don't even ship it, but that's not the point. This is a relationship that was highly publicised before it was even born, twisted out of proportion and tossed back and forth online for the simple entertainment of people. And then the breakup came, and the whole world had to put in their two cents on it.

I know I'm a hypocrite, because I'm doing exactly that right now, putting in my two cents by writing an analysis of two peoples' private relationship that's really none of my business, or yours, or anyone's but theirs.

And just because I love him more than I could possibly explain doesn't make it an excuse. Everyone deserves their space. But I feel as though I have a different perspective to offer you, and I hope you're open minded enough to simply indulge me for a few minutes, put away your bias opinions as well as you could and maybe, just maybe see a different side.

After all, we don't know them, we just like to think we do. We take what we're given and love what we're shown without question, but maybe we shouldn't. Maybe if we really looked deeper we could see the truth, or something close to it.

Maybe they didn't mean to reveal so much in the cryptic lines of their lyrics, but then again maybe they felt they weren't revealing anything at all. After all, what two people go through together is always their secret. The memories and the heartache and the love they feel, the rest of the world will never really know. But we can guess.