Wake Up Call

I wasn't going anywhere with Harry's album, he was too good at telling his story to the whole world in a whisper. But Taylor was more generous. 

Now I don't think it's a coincidence that the lyrics in both artists' albums mirrored each other, or told the same story in different words. It couldn't be, they're both too clever for that. 

1. "Remember when you hit the brakes too soon, twenty stitches in a hospital room."

- Out Of The Woods T.S

"Twenty minutes later, wound up in the hospital."

- End Of The Day 1D 

2. "Midnight, you come and pick me up no headlights."

- Style T.S

"And if you like midnight driving with the windows down."

- Perfect 1D

3. "Or it's gonna go down in flames."

- Blank Space T.S

"We've been in fire, went down in the flames."

-Long Way Down 1D 

4. "All You Had To Do Was Stay"

- T.S 1989

"How many nights have you wished someone would stay?"

- Infinity 1D

There's more, and that's just the start. However I don't think many people realise that you can put together the story of their relationship through these songs. It's harder to see if you don't look closely, because the songs aren't made chronologically in response. I'm sure you've seen some of these before, so I tried to include what most people haven't seen. 

Now about Taylor. 

I'll be honest, I did hate her for a long time. I simply put it down to her shading him on national television while he took it so humbly and the "fact'" that she hurt him badly. I never stopped to think that there are two sides to a relationship.

I've developed a different sort of approach to her as of late. After my Midnight Revelation I've come to a different conclusion, I no longer feel this unjustified hate that I felt for a long time. I don't exactly like her as a person, but I've come to understand her better I think. I cannot deny the talent she has in the industry and as an artist. She's this successful for a reason, and I'm not going to be an asshole and deny her of that. It's true, she knows exactly what she's doing, and you may not like it, but you can't help coming back to it nonetheless, and feel a grudging admiration for her. I know I'm flawed because I only started to "hate" her in my immature state because of the Harry situation, and I continued to do so despite knowing perfectly well it was unfair and unnecessary. She was a strong part of my childhood, I cannot deny that, with songs like "Love Story", "Two Is Better Than One" and "You Belong With Me" fuelling a wide span of my it.  

It's not important however, because I'm here to offer my theory of their relationship, and you're here because you're interested. I frankly don't care if you like or dislike them, because let's be honest, we're all here for different reasons. I will try my best to deliver an unbiased perspective but please remember if you don't agree, no one is making you stay. 

Also let's get this straight; Haylor was not PR or a "fake"relationship. You don't waste time writing songs for people you don't care about. And yes, I think they loved each other. You don't have to ship it to see what's quite obvious.

Friendly reminder that STYLE and PERFECT are the same length (3:51) and falls 3rd on the track line up on BOTH albums (1989 and MITAM). 

I try to not be delusional.