1.13 Winter's Coming

"Will you stay here tonight...?"

Qiu Yue could feel his warm breath tickled her ear as he spoke.

Her heart beat a little faster, was he asking.... for....?

"Un.."

She said softly, nodding. Qiu Yue wasn't sure what sort of expression she should make, she was nervous yet excited. She had never been with anyone, she had simply never had the time.

The next morning Qiu Yue woke up in the break room. The corners of her eyes crinkled as she yawned.

The night had been very long.

"Ah Yue, sorry we went at it for so long... I should have been more prudent."

Huo Zi Feng who had been making her coffee said and handed a warm mug to her. He sat down next to her and intertwined their fingers and held her smaller hand in his.

'Yeah we went at it alright... all night long, we kept working.'

Qiu Yue honestly felt so grumpy. It was her own fault for expecting anything. When she thought back to what he said yesterday she just wanted to hit someone.

"I know you really want this project to be launched as soon as possible so let's do it together."

That sounds nice... but not what she had expected. Her smile froze.

'Wait, what now.'

'I was thinking more along the lines of having our first night together.'

Huo Zi Feng who thought that she froze because she had been nervous about something and had misunderstood him earlier clarified.

"I know you didn't want to hurry our relationship, so I will control myself and wait for you."

He looked so serious and Qiu Yue knew he meant everything he had said.

That really wasn't what she had meant, yeah sure that was what she had wanted then. But now, she already accepted their relationship. And since this was the case then she wanted to take it forward.

But now how?

Qiu Yue wanted to smash her head into the table. The perfect shoujo Otome moment had been interrupted.

Fine. Work it was. She'd work so fast there'd be no more work left. Then she could make her move.

Why not now? Well sure she wanted to, but her skin wasn't that thick. She'd have to manipulate the situation so that - she wouldn't be as embarrassed.

She didn't have any experience okay? (个_个)

She cursed herself in the mind.

'What did you expect? He's a righteous male lead till he finally gets a taste of things.'

Yao Yan's voice echoed in her head so suddenly that her own flew out of her hand worrying Huo Zi Feng, perhaps she needed to sleep?

'Why are you awake?'

Qiu Yue shot back at Yao Yan.

'Why are you awake?'

Qiu Yue clicked her tongue.

'I'm working. But a better question is who are you working?'

Yao Yan looked at the hand that lay around her waist and the long black hair that cascaded around the fair feminine shoulders hugging her.

'What are you on about?'

'Humph. So there's no connection between you and Zhou Jia being late for work yesterday?'