EIGHT

< : > : Chapter Eight : < : >

Harlow | Phoenix | Other people

"Reese Pieces are better than Reese Cups Harlow. I can argue this all morning."

"You sound absurd. They taste exactly the same."

"They. Do. Not."

"I had Reese Pieces yesterday after work and I am telling you that they taste the very same as a the mini cups I had two days ago."

"There's something wrong with your taste buds."

"There's something wrong with you."

"Why are laughing at me? . . . And why are you laughing Prichett?"

"Because we both know you sound ridiculous."

"You two are ridiculous . . . Anyway, how was work yesterday. Glamour, right?"

"Yeah, it was fine. Same old stuff. I did go to the movies with Timara though."

"You saw a sappy romance movie didn't you?"

"For your information we saw the new Avengers."

"Are you shitting me?! Don't tell me anything! I don't want to know!"

"I wasn't going to say anything!"

"Good. Good."

"You're a big Marvel fan?"

"Not really. I'm just glad we're past those terrible movies about a love triangle with a werewolf that's supposed to be sixteen but looks thirty, a human that always has her mouth hanging open, and a glittering vampire that looks constipated."

"It sounds like you've seen all five movies."

"I'm still trying to figure out who thought it would be a good idea to bring them on deployment. They're always watching it on the sixty-five inch. Who the hell wants to see that shit everyday?"

"Why don't you say something Sergeant?"

"Because it's first come first serve and as long as it's not porn it doesn't matter what they watch."

"I guess you'll just have to suck it up then, huh?"

"It's not funny Harlow. I'm dying over here."

"Sure you are."

" . . . . "

" . . . . "

"I think my Aunt Justine wants to meet you."

"What?!

"What's wrong?"

"Why does she want to meet me? What did I do?"

"You didn't do anything I was just talking about you and she said that she was happy I found a nice girl to talk to. She continues to remind that I should call you at a different hour so you can sleep but we've already worked out a perfect schedule. I also told her you worked at Glamour and -"

"You told her where I work?!"

"What's wrong with that? It's not like she's going to show up at your job and stare at you while you work."

"How do you know that? What if she already knows who I am? What if I was rude to her one day and she already hates me?"

"Are you normally rude to customers?"