SEVENTEEN

< : > : Chapter Seventeen : < : >
Harlow |Phoenix | Other people

“I had a dream about you last night, well this morning.”

“Was terrible like the one I had of you a few days ago?”

“The very opposite actually. I had a dream you asked me to be your boyfriend.

“I did ask you to be my boyfriend.”

“And I said yes.”

“More like, hell fucking yeah I’ll date you. I’ve been waiting a lifetime to call you my girl.”

“I don't remember being that dramatic.”

“Close enough.”

“I have called you my girl before though it wasn’t in a I want you for myself kind of way.”

“I remember. You were talking to Corey. How’s he doing by the way.”

“He’s great. He’s had a few people mail him about the house and when I told him that you and I are dating he said it was about damn time that I got my shit together.”

“Did you tell him that I was the one who took the shot?”

“Of course I didn’t tell him you were the first to shoot your shot, which technically you weren’t. I’ve made it obvious that I liked you a long time ago.”

“Doesn’t matter because I was the one who made the jump.”

“Sure you were babe.”

“ . . . . ”

“Harlow?”

“Yeah?”

“You okay? Was that weird for you?”

“No, I liked it.”

“The why’d you get so quiet on me?”

“I’m trying not to smile so hard.”

“Don’t. That’s exactly how I want you. I want you smiling all the time.”

“All the time?”

“All the time.”

“ . . . . ”

“ . . . . ”

“ . . . . ”

“Have you told your parents about us?’

“I’ve told everyone who would listen.”

“Me too.”

“Seriously?”

“Damn near. Our phone calls have been the talk of my Marines and a few others. There was a bet going on that you were catfishing me awhile back.”

“Wow.”

“In the end I, well we won a little over two hundred bucks.”

“Are you serious?"

“People were betting ten bucks and then it was another bet that after the twenty-five days were up you wouldn’t talk to me again. The two hundred is from both bets combined.”

“You guys really have nothing to do.”

“Not much to do on a ship babe. You got video games, a tiny musty gym, a small basketball court, and your job.”