Chapter 9. His First Pizza Ever

Elizabeth woke up lying on her side, feeling so lightheaded. Several men in white robes were working across her, and she jumped up by reflex.

Not a great idea. Her feet immediately gave in. She had to grab the bed for support. Her head whirled like a spinning board.

"Shh, shh. Easy." Steve was suddenly beside her, holding her arm to give her balance.

"Wh.. What did they do to me?" She glanced at the scientists, who were watching her with caution.

"They bandaged you," Tony showed up behind Steve as he helped her back on the bed. "You took a pretty big hit."

Elizabeth grimaced when her wings touched the bed. Seemed like she really got hurt pretty bad.

She vaguely remembered that Cap and Tony barged in after she blew Hulk off. Cap immediately went to her while Tony checked on Dr. Banner.

She remebered that Steve kept saying something to her, but she couldn't hear what he said. Everything was blurry and all she could hear was her heavy breathing.

Then she lost conciousness.

"Where's Banner? Is he alright?" Bruce received a big hit too. She had never used that much power in her life.

"Yeah. Actually he is out to buy you some food. He said food will help you get better faster."

"I hope he buys something good," she said.

Stark stared at her silently, until he finally spoke.

"I have a question for you."

"Ask away."

"Do you always glow when you sleep? Or is it just me?"

"Oh, about that," Elizabeth mumbled to herself as she pulled out the infusion needle from her upper hand.

"How do I explain this? Um.. Think of the energy inside me like a floating balloon. When I'm awake, I can pull the string down to hide it from the surface. But when I'm sleeping or unconscious, it floats up. Making me glow."

She looked at Steve and Tony, wondering if they could understand her.

"It's just my theory, though."

Right then, Bruce showed up with 10 boxes of pizza.

"Miss Pearce, my token of apology," said Banner as he put those boxes onto her lap.

"All for me?" she chuckled in disbelief.

"I don't know how much energy you need to recover, so.."

"I'll take just one, please. You can eat the rest." she laughed at him.

The girl got up from the bed, took one box of pizza and walked out.

"Miss Pearce, where are you going? We still need to monitor your condition!" One scientist holding a paper shouted to her.

"It's okay. I heal rather quickly," she smiled to them. "Thank you for taking care of me. Enjoy the pizza!"

***

She didn't know why, but she wanted to see Loki right away. She bet he'd never eaten pizza before.

He would love it.

She giggled as she walked as quick as she could to Loki's confinement, couldn't wait to give him the pizza.

Loki looked up when he heard someone came in, and to his own surprise, something, a little part of him, sparks when that girl showed up.

...looking like a wreck. She got some bruises and her wings were bandaged.

"What happened?" he asked immediately before realizing that he might sound worried, which was not like him at all.

He tried to bring his wicked manner back.

"I heard that green beast's roar. Did he go mad again and destroyed this place?" he showed his most cunning expression.

"How did you hear that? I was pretty sure the walls were at least 7 inches thick." she answered casually.

"I am a god, you idiot," he watched as she put something in the cube's smaller box, which was usually used to give him food and water.

She pushed it backwards, revealing what's inside the box.

A triangle bread with red sauce and some round.. things.

She carefully sat down, groaned as her bottom hit the ground. She looked up at Loki, still standing there with his hands on his back.

"Try it." She bit the bread and chewed it happily.

Loki gulped. He was feeling hungry, and that thing actually looked delicious. Although not looking as pretty as Asgardian meals.

"Try it!" she encouraged him once more, swinging her bread in the air.

He reached out his hand slowly as he watched her expression, wondering if this was some sort of trap, if that food was actually poisoned.

Well, Midgardian poisons did not work on him anyway. He took out the bread from the container and slowly, very carefully, bit its tip.

It tasted sweet and sour, a little bit salty and the round things was actually some kind of meat.

"It's called pizza," the girl laughed as she watched Loki devoured it. "It's the most popular food on earth."

Loki just realized that he ate all of it. He awkwardly straightened his back.

She watched him with amusement, telling him to sit in front of her with her eyes.