Chapter 11. Trust Issue

Elizabeth squirmed in Loki's arms. She really did feel thankful because he saved her life, but she didn't really appreciate him carrying her around without her content.

"Put me down! I have to help them!"

Loki pretended he didn't hear her. He kept on walking as if nothing happened, and it's even worse that she didn't know where he was taking her.

Although she knew that her body was very weak, hardly could be of any use, she wanted to help. And she didn't want those prisoners to go out and hurt many innocent people.

They were kept prisoners for a reason, right?

"RIGHT! NOW!" she punched his chest a few times, until he stopped at last and let her down.

Elizabeth turned back straight away, but Loki grabbed her hand, pulling her towards him. They faced each other by only one inch apart.

And there he go again, searching her eyes with those deep, stormy eyes of his.

"Why do you care so much about them when they're hardly your friends," he hissed, "enough to let yourself be killed?"

"I don't know," Elizabeth snapped his hands off, "but I do know that I don't want these people to get hurt."

She limped her way back as fast as her legs could carry her.

Loki stared at her back, cogitating. That rock headed girl. She would survive 30 seconds down there.

"I could help," Loki finally declared. Elizabeth stopped walking. She looked back at him, surprised.

"But I'm going to need my spear."

"Ha!" she snickered. "Nice try," Elizabeth continued to walk.

"I'm not lying," Loki said, louder. "And your choice is either to trust me, or fighting down there on your own which you know so well it would not end well!" He sighed, "At least not with those body."

Elizabeth fell silent. What Loki said was right. She wouldn't be able to fight all those prisoners, and if they got away and went out to the city, there might be many casualties.

"Do you know where they kept my spear?" Loki talked slowly, in a low voice tone, like he was trying to calm down an angry dog.

Elizabeth gulped, her head were arguing with itself. She didn't know if she made the right choice. But many lives were at stake. She had to make the hard decision.

"Follow me."

***

Loki stood there in the middle of the ground. His spear hit the metal floor with a bang sound, sending echoes across the room.

He held his spear up straight. It gleamed with blue light from the stone on its head.

The giant monster who was still fighting with Cap and Tony suddenly stayed still. His eyes turned to neon blue, and he walked straight to his cell.

All prisoners went through the same thing. Their eyes shined with blue color and they walked back into their cells. On their own. Even the ones who had escaped from the building went back there.

"Wh- How do you do that?!"

"This spear allowed mind-control thing. It's how I controlled the Chitauri, remember?"

All the staffs gathered around, curious of what made the fighting stopped. Cap and Stark also came around, looking back and forth to Elizabeth and Loki.

Stark mouthed, EXPLAIN. NOW

LATER, she replied, nodding reassuringly.

More and more prisoners coming in, until there's no more.

Some staffs quickly put the lock on manually on each cell, and they sighed in relief after it's done.

Loki's Scepter light faded, and so were the prisoner's eyes. It didn't took much time before they started banging with rage on the thick transparent door.

Elizabeth smiled and turned her body to Loki to thank him, when suddenly she felt the cold point of his Scepter pressed against her chest as he looked into her eyes. A helmet with a large, curved horns, slowly formed on his head, showing up from the thin air, shimmering.

Chilling sensation crawled into her heart as he whispered,

"Hand me the Tesseract."