Chapter 14. Act of Redemption

"Are you sure it's a good idea?" Steve asked when Elizabeth told him about her wanting to take Loki to fulfil her wish.

"Yes. And I'm sure I can put him under control, Steve," Elizabeth looked very sure.

"Okay, but just in case.. Put this somewhere on his clothes, okay?"

Steve stuck out his fist. A round, small device fell out from his hands unto Elizabeth's.

"What is it?" She lifted that thing to get better lighting to see it clearly.

"It's a... Well, basically it will electrocute him. It won't kill him, but it will put him under."

"I don't think its neces.."

"Just a precaution," Steve cut her sentence. "Here, you only need to press this if something goes wrong."

Elizabeth sighed. She nodded and left to Loki's confinement.

***

Loki looked at her like she was speaking in a language he never heard of before.

"I'm sorry, D-Disney Land?"

"Disneyland." She repeated herself. "It's something like a fun park. People go there to have fun."

"Fine. Not so difficult, is it. When should we go?"

"Now."

"Oh."

Loki stared at her, expecting her to open the prison, but Elizabeth just stood there, looking at him, lost in her own thought for a couple of seconds.

"I need you to keep this in mind, Loki," she finally spoke firmly, "If you mess up this chance, there will be nothing that could make me forgive you. Do you understand?"

Loki looked straight into her eyes, "I do."

"Good," Elizabeth pressed a few buttons, just as how Stark taught her earlier. The lock went off.

"Now, the first thing to do." She smiled widely. "Disguise."

"Hm," He snapped his fingers, then he smiled while looking at her from head to toe. "You look wonderful."

"Wh.." Elizabeth looked down to her body and gasped. Her long white dress had been replaced with a aky blue simple dress that fell just above her knee.

And her wings were gone.

"My wings!" she widened her eyes in shock.

"Calm down, they're still there. You just couldn't see it."

Elizabeth groped to where her wings should be, and Loki was right. She could feel the flesh and the feathers. They just couldn't be seen.

Loki's body glistened and his armor was replaced by a clean-cut black suit.

"Um.. Isn't that a little bit too much for fun park?"

"This is the only Midgardian fashion that suits me," he exclaimed. "I won't settle for less."

Elizabeth scoffed. "Suit yourself."

"I just did."

"I meant- Ugh. Never mind." She brought a world map with her, and she pointed to a spot where Disneyland is located. "Here."

When he moved beside her to see the map clearly, she tapped him on his back, quietly placing Steve's device on his suit.

"Very well. Shall we leave?"

Elizabeth nodded. Loki took her hand and all of a sudden everything went black.

***

It was dark. Elizabeth couldn't see a thing.

"Loki, where are we?" Elizabeth's heart was pounding so hard. What if Loki actually brought her to another planet?

Loki didn't say anything. Elizabeth heard a click of a doorknob, and Loki pulled the door open quickly. The sudden bright sunlight hurt her eyes. They walked out from a small warehouse.

In front of them, people were chattering and laughing. Many of them wore mouse ear headbands. They were already inside the Disneyland!

Elizabeth squealed in excitement, hopping around and laughing freely. She hadn't feel this much excitement for a very long time.

"Come, come, come!" She reached Loki's arm and pulled him to explore Disneyland.

The first thing she wanted to do was to get inside the castle. But before that, she wanted to buy those ear headbands.

"Give me those ear headbands!" she ordered Loki. He rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers, and suddenly Elizabeth was wearing those headbands.

"You surprisingly don't look so bad," Loki put his hand on his chin as he assessed her. "All of them just look ridiculously stupid with it."

"You have to wear it too!"

"No."

Elizabeth glared at him. "Uh-uh. Not a smart choice."

"I wish I could make that tiny mouth of yours disappear. I really do," he murmured, but eventually a pair of mouse ears showed up on his hair.

"Aww, look at you!" she pinched his cheeks, "You also surprisingly don't look so bad!"

Loki froze as she pinched his cheeks. This is the first time he received such treatment and he didn't exactly know how to react.

"Now, let's get inside the castle!" she pulled Loki's arm and ran enthusiastically towards the beautiful castle, dragging Loki behind her.