1) Bumping into the gangleader

Emilys pov.

I wince at the pain my ribs are giving me limping to the bathroom to assess the damage he's given me. I look in the mirror horrified at what I see. I'm not the bright bubbly happy girl I used to be instead I am a broken abused girl. I slowly climb in the shower being careful to not hurt my ribs and turn the warm water on immediately regretting it due to the excruciating pain its giving to my ribs. I quickly put shampoo on my silky brown hair and put soap over my body and then rinse myself before I carefully get out of the shower. Walking over to the sink I grab the concealer of my cabinet and start covering up my blackey-purple eye and the yellow bruise on my jaw. Once I have finished I wear my cafe uniform a long sleeved shirt with a skirt and tights and put my red apron on top. Slowly opening the door I creep downstairs knowing that if I'm loud I will get punished by my abusive father and my slut of a stepmother. I quickly slip my shoes on and walk to Roses cafe my only escape from my absolutely perfect life hmm as if. When I get there I walk through the door and see Rose my mother's best friend and hug her. She hugs me back but I wince in pain when she touches my ribs and quickly cover it with excitement. I nearly slipped up how stupid can I be no one knows about me being abused and no one will because I can't risk them getting hurt. "Hey Rose how are you do you want me to cook today or be a waitress" I ask her in my fake happy voice. "Waitressing please my dear" she replies and walks back into the kitchen.

I grab my notebook and walk to the table where there is a young couple with a baby girl. "Hey my name is Emily and I will be your waitress today do you know what you want to order" I ask in a low voice trying to prevent myself from stuttering. "Can we have two strawberry milkshakes and pancakes with honey and lemon please" the girl asks with a friendly smile. "Of course do you want anything for this little cutie" I ask referring to their daughter and she replies with a no. I quickly walk away and give the order to Rose.

My feet were aching, it had been hours since I had properly rested and even though Rose told me to rest I couldn't. My father had eyes everywhere and if he found out that I wasn't doing my job I would surely get a worser beating and god knows how much more I can take of it. I was most in my thoughts when the door slammed open causing me to jump and I gasped as I looked at the time. I was late. I ignored the customers lack of conversation and gasps and tried to run out the door as fast as I could. I was succeeding until I bumped into someone.  I flinched as I felt my ribs throbbing and the gasps of customers but I was too scared. Scared of what he was going to do to me this time. "Sorry" I stuttered and ran out the door without sparing a glance at anyone.