Chapter 34

I regretfully admit that I got turned around in this house, not finding the kitchen for a good ten minutes

I regretfully admit that I got turned around in this house, not finding the kitchen for a good ten minutes. My cheeks burned at my own mindfulness, it was my fault for not paying attention better but I couldn't help it, this house was too large.

Standing at the kitchen counter, I turned on the stove and found a pan, sitting in the same place as last time. Placing over the heating burner, waiting for it to heat up, I searched around for the ingredients. Pancake mix was in the cabinet above the pans, the eggs and bacon were in the fridge. The only thing that changed was that since there was no butter in the butter container that rested by the stove, I had to get a new stick from the fridge. A few mixing bowls sat in the cabinet next to the pans and pots, few plastic, a few metal. Grabbing a plastic one, I began to put my ingredients into it to make the pancake batter.

As I poured in the pancake batter, I turned my head and let out a small sneeze. The dry powdered substance was inhaled by my nose, tickling the inside. A chuckle came from behind me, making me jump and spin around, almost making drop the bowl to the floor. Orion was leaning against the open doorway in nothing but a pair of shorts. His head was still wet and messy, the water droplets running down his neck and then the hard planes of his chest. I quickly adverted my gaze, not wanting him to catch me looking at something so intimate.

"It was not my intentions to startle you." He said before pushing himself off the wall, making his way closer to me. "See you have already began to make breakfast. I truly wish that you would have waited, I would have loved to help you." I hung my head in shame. I did something in which I was supposed to do, I invaded his house and used his things, in invading his privacy and therefore directly disrespecting him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know I wasn't supposed to. It won't happen again." Tears weld up in my eyes as he walked forward again, stopping directly in front of me. Staring at his bare feet, I awaited my punishment.

Warm, calloused fingers gently grasped my chin, tilting my head up until I was face to face with him. His eyes seemed so much greener, brighter since I was this close to him. His warm breath caressed my fave every time he exhaled. Eyes staring into mine for what seemed like and hour finally shifted away, further down my face. Eyes crinkling in happiness, a large grin forming on his face. One hand that was cupping my chin came up towards my face, resting on my cheek. A long, tanned thumb brushed across my nose a few times, making want to pull away from all of this contact and closeness.

"It's fine, Malia. You aren't in any type of trouble." I was assured. "I just wanted to help you, that's all."

"O-okay." I stuttered. In that moment I felt flustered. His face felt to close to mine, his hand touching my face overwhelmed me. He brushed his thumb over my nose once more, sending those sparks through my face, making me want to sneeze again. Wiggling my nose to get rid of the feeling, I was awarded with another grin.

"You're so cute." He barked out a laugh, making both of our cheeks stain with a light shade of pink. "You had some pancake mix on your nose." My cheeks burned harder, the weird feeling in my stomach coming back, this time it was stronger. It was a pleasant fuzzy feeling, making me want to feel it again. "Go sit down." His voices linden again, breaking me from my daze.

"W-what?" I asked, his hands still on my face.

"Go and sit down." He repeated. "I'll make breakfast for you."

"A-are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm very sure. Just go and relax." Hesitating a moment, he his relaxed, almost dropping from my face but he stopped. Leaning his head down slowly, I felt a soft pair of lips brush up against my forehead. Pulling back from shock, I could feel my eyes widen. With one last caress of my cheek, he let his arms drop. "Now, sit down." Sending me a smile, he turned his back to me and began working on the food.

Soon, the sound of sizzling bacon filled the room as it died in the hot grease that sat in the pan. A stack of pancakes and m sat on a plate at he finished up with his cooking. As I sat on the spinning stool, I shamefully sent glances at his back. It was clad with muscles. I could see them move under his skin with every movement. Though muscle scared me in a way, this made me feel eerily clam, relaxed in his presence.

Soon enough, a clean plate was set in front of me, a set of cutlery next to that. The stack of pancakes, eggs and bacon were on separate plates, place between us so we both had easy access to it.

"Grab whatever you want." Alpha said, making no move towards the plate once more. Whilst reaching for two of the pancakes, he abruptly stood up without reason and march over to the pantry, making me jump once more. Turning his head, he shot an apologetic smile over his shoulder. "Sorry, I forgot to grab the syrup."

I finished loading my plate once he sat down, two pancakes a small helping of eggs and two slices of bacon. Eating slowly, I watched him out of the corner my eye, keeping my head down and towards my plate. Somehow, he managed to eat almost every that was set out, leaving some left because he either couldn't eat it or he was saving it.

"Are you okay?" He asked, sticking a piece of his last pancake in his mouth. I could here the crunch from here. It was the 'leftover batter' pancake. It was when you had just enough batter to make one more but it thinner and crunchier than the others. He seemed to enjoy it anyway.

"I'm sorry?" I asked. Was I doing something wrong?

"You're not eating that much and now you just kind of pushing your food around. Do you not like it or are you not feeling well?" He was right. I was just pushing my eggs around the plate with my fork.

"No, I'm fine. The food is fine as well. I guess I'm just accustomed to eating this much. I'm still full from last night."

"That's not very good. You should be hungry, almost starving every couple hours."

"I'm sorry." Placing my fork down and hiding my face with my hair.

"Malia." He said, reaching out and tucking my hair behind my ear, so he could see my face. "It's not your fault. Nothing is your fault. You don't need to apologize to me , ever. Okay?"

"Okay." I repeated him, my voice soft, not as strong as his. He glanced over at his clock and sighed.

"I have to go soon, I had a meeting."

"Okay." I said again.

"You can stay here if you would like. You can always come here, you never have to ask me, okay? This is your house just as much as it is mine." I nodded my head.

"Alright, I'm going to go get dressed." He stood up and gently grabbed my head, brushing another kiss to my forehead. As soon as I heard his footsteps padding up the stairs, I beg and to clean the dishes, putting them back where I found him.

I was gone before he came back downstairs.