Chapter 85

The air had warmed up drastically from the night before, the sun warming up

The air had warmed up drastically from the night before, the sun warming up. I now regret keeping the windows open or not having drawn the curtains shut, the sun now glaring into my face, an unwelcomed wake up call. Groaning, I rolled over, hiding my face in the pillow.

I felt refreshed, having been able to wake up on my own, after sunrise, without the assistance of an alarm clock. On top of that, after spending a few nights on the ground, alone, I appreciated my days off so much more.

The body next to me shifted closer, last night's events coming back to me, moment by a moment. I couldn't help but snap my eyes open, a wide smile appearing on my face as I was met with a mob of blonde hair. She was laying on her stomach, the sheets having been shifted off our bodies as the room got warmer, leaving her bare back on display. Unfortunately, she was facing away from me, so I wouldn't be able to stare at her beautiful face.

It was the moments like these that I had imagined in my head, on those nights that I was unable to sleep, my unknown mate on my mine. During those nights, I would let my wolf run, singing heart wrenching songs to the Goddess, begging for her to at least give us a sign, a glimpse, a clue. The days would be spent being alone, stressed out and just needed comfort.

It was now that I realized that I truly had her all to myself. No longer was she afraid of my presence, of my touch. The threat of Gordon and her father no longer existed, a life long stressor was finally lifted from her shoulders. The dark thoughts of the pack, our pack, not accepted her no longer plagued her mind. She is now one of us, a leader, a member of our family.

Sitting up, leaning all my weight on my forearm, I trailed a finger over her back, tracing her scars. The raised skin was discolored than the rest, standing out pale against her tanned skin. I knew she didn't like them on herself, the memories traumatizing her and making her feel disgusting. I personally thought that they made her beautifully, that she looked so much stronger with them, forever portraying the trauma and hardships she's been through.

Bending my head further down, I rubbed my lips across the uneven skin before placing kissed across them. They varied, some short and sweet while others were long and sensual. I could still taste the salt on her skin, a taste of sin from our actions of last night. Moving her hair to the side, I reached newly exposed skin, moving upwards.

She began to stir awake as I reached the bottom of her neck. As I left a lasting kiss on the top of her neck, she let out a long breath, letting me know she was awake. Moving back, I turned to her side, goosebumps rose on her skin as my warm breath hit her ear.

"Good morning, Sweetheart." I whispered, feeling her shiver beneath me.

She turned onto her back, looking up at me as peered down. Her eyes, a bright silver, reflected the sunlight, happiness radiating off of her. She was absolutely stunning, glowing in the morning light. The beauty she has can never be compared to anyone else. It wasn't even just the way she looked, it was her mind, her heart that peaked her beauty, making her who she is.

Her eyes shut and her arms lifted, letting out a little grunt as she stretched her limbs. Pausing for a moment, mid- stretch, she looked down at her chest. A squeak passed her lips as she realized her chest had been exposed since she rolled over. With a red face, she quickly reaching downwards, she desperately claws at the sheets, trying to cover herself back up. When she noticed that my body was pinning them down, she covered herself up with her arms.

"No, Sweetheart. Don't do that." I spoke gently to her, slowly prying her arms away.
"Don't hide from me. Not ever." I gave her a smile and she turned away, embarrassed when she was finally uncovered once more.

Leaning down, I hid my face in her neck, letting out a soft growl as her sweet scent scent mixed with mine my nose.
"You are so beautiful. Please don't hide from me."

Her hands came up and wrapped around my torso, her small hands resting on my shoulder blades. Shifting my body, I laid on my stomach, my face still tucked into her neck. Wrapping an arm around her waist, I slid a leg in between hers, holding her as close as possible.

Her small hands rubbed across my back, my muscles tightening from pleasure. The shocks from the mate bond had somehow gotten stronger, making me hum in appreciation. We laid there in peace, basking in the rising sun, not having to do anything all day. We finally got a day to ourselves and we were going to spend every minute of it together.

We laid there until it was pushing noon. Getting up, I took her into my arms, making her squeal as the sheets dropped, revealing the rest of her body. With my arms under her thighs, her arms around my neck and legs around my waist, I carried her into the bathroom. Turning on the shower, it only took a few seconds to heat up. Making sure it wasn't hot enough to burn her skin, I brought us both inside before setting her on her feet on to the wet tile.

Grabbing the loofa, I lathered her soap onto it before rubbing it gently against her skin. I wanted to take care of her, both my wolf and I craving to tend to her. I cleansed her body, worshipping her in any way possible. Her skin was soft and smooth beneath my hands, placing kisses her and there.

As I washed her hair, I placed wet, open mouthed kisses on her neck, sucking on her skin. Getting carried away, my hands grabbed her waist, squeezing it before moving to her thighs, lifting her to my waist again. I inhaled her sweet arousal, fueling my own.

Growling, I pinned her to the wall, crashing my lips onto her. I could feel her inside me, our connection stronger than ever. She fueled my ever burning love, passion and arousal for her. I burned for her and our shower recreates last night's events.

"I love you." I panted out, not needing to hear it back. I can feel it in our passion, taste in her lips and hear it in our breaths. We were one being, one soul living in two bodies, bound to live together on Earth until we met again in the heavens and stars.