Chapter 25: I won't answer any Malarkey related.

Laila POV

There was a mix of death glares and admiration looks that was sent my way. Everyone had been talking to me about my relationship with Jeremy. It's either they hate the fact that I just stole their crush or are in awe that I am dating Malarkey.

Was being his girlfriend such a great thing?

Last I remember, it wasn't that great of an experience. Well at first it was but it just got worse in the end.

"Things are getting out of control," Tina said as soon as I entered my office and put down my things.

There wasn't even a need for me to have an office but Tina knew just how much I like having my own space that she made sure to save this tiny room for me when she bought the place.

"It's been weeks now and we still keep receiving calls from reporters and people I didn't even know existed." She continued. "Damn, I even feel like I'm a celebrity because I couldn't get out of this place without a camera flash flashing. This is your fault."

"Tina I'm sorry. I didn't expect this to happen" I apologize giving her my pouting lips.

"Well, what did you expect when a famous writer suddenly announces she's dating the most eligible bachelor who every woman probably worships for not just being rich but also because he's hot." Tina sat down and I do feel sorry because she seems drained from everything.

"I don't get what is the big deal anyway," I told her which made her gasp. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"You don't actually know everyone is so obsessed with Mr. Malarkey having a girlfriend?" I nodded my head which made Tina slap her cheeks. "Your boyfriend, ever since taking over his company never had been in any relationship nor scandal. There were no rumours, just all about his work so when you suddenly came into the picture just imagine the shock it gave everyone."

I didn't know Jer never had a relationship for five years. "What do you suggest we do?"

"I don't know either but I just want to tell you that please be careful. Things like this can get messy," she warned me.

We were silent after that. We just sat there until Mia knocked and reminded us the car was ready to get us to the book signing. Tina made a call to our lawyer that she would sue Monica and that girl for defamation and spreading false rumours about me.
After that meeting with them, they never did admit to their faults. Brian released all evidence and it must have sent a huge shock following the announcement of my relationship with Jeremy.

Tina did everything she could and now people are even questioning if Henry is actually the culprit of the accident knowing what Monica just did to me.

As we arrived at the venue I was surprised that a lot more people had come and that reporters were everywhere. The team managed to get them to ask questions during the event but for a limit. The event went smoothly but of course, I can't escape answering questions about the scandal or Jeremy.

After the whole event which exhausted us all, we all rested in the waiting room.

"How is it dating Jeremy Malarkey?" someone from the team had the courage to ask which caused everyone to start gushing over.

"Work related please," I told them.

"Come on Laila, it's news for us." She pleaded.

"And the fact that you two had been dating long before." Someone said, that when everyone looked at her she just shrugged. "I'm a journalist, I did my research."

"No. I won't answer any Malarkey related. Mr. High and mighty himself is just like all of us except that he was blessed to be in a good family background and a lot of arrogance and stupidness." I raged.