Chapter 14

(I know Clare's hair is actually brown but it's the makeup I'm talking about😍. A/N)

Clare's POV

Today was the day. I'm getting married to Daemon Thompson.

I'm very nervous... very nervous.

"I'm sorry miss but I still have to put on your eyeliner." She warned me again.

Daemon thought about inviting some relatives of him and of course Rob, his best friend. And I was okay with it, even though that reminded me of the ones that betrayed me.

I looked in the mirror and was stunned. The makeup artist did a great job. My hair was straight and my lipstick was nude. My eyes are in a nude shade as well, but have a blue kohl underneath them.

I already put on my dress. Everything was done.

"Miss, we are in a hurry. We should go." The artist, called Kathrine told me. She wasn't being the nicest, but still I kept my anger inside me. I mean I'm getting married today and don't want to get in any trouble.

My hands were trembling. I could scream right now.

Clare Dixon is getting married to Daemon Thompson, one of the wealthiest, most dangerous and not to forget hottest men in the country, if not the world.

Someone came into the hotel room, and it was Rob. What was he doing here?

"Rob? What are you doing here?" I asked him surprised.

"Hello beautiful, nice to meet you, too." He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

"Hi, is something wrong?" I asked nervously. I already have cramps, because of the anxiety.

"No, but since nobody can accompany you down the aisle, I'll be going to follow you. If you're okay with it, of course." He asked me slowly and nicely.

He knew that it hurts me, to think about them. But life goes on and I'm going to see my real family soon anyway. I hope so at least.

"I'd love to. Thank you, Rob." I thanked him and tried to hide the tears that were coming.

"Now, let's go." He said with an excited face.

We were in front of a limousine and he held the back door open.

After 20 minutes of driving we finally arrived at the church. I could hear the chorus already singing even if we were in front of the door.

I clasped Rob's arm and my veil was over my face so nobody could see it. Everything went pretty fast, so it didn't really let me be too nervous.

The door opened.

We went forward slowly, I could hear my heartbeat. I could hear gasps and awe. I looked around, as expected there weren't my people, but Daemon's parents either. Where are they? It's their son's marriage. But before I could think further, we stopped and I could hear someone's throat clearing, my eyes suddenly went to the man I'm going to marry.

I automatically reached for his hand, as he saw this small action, he smiled.

"You look stunning." He grinned. I smiled shyly.

The priest said stuff I didn't really listen to but I immediately was listening when Daemon started to talk.

"'I, Daemon Thompson, take you, Clare Dixon
to be my wife,
to have and to hold
from this day forward;
for better, for worse,
for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health,
to love and to cherish,
till death us do part,
according to God's holy law.
In the presence of God I make this vow." He said and I could feel tears forming in my eyes. The way he said it, the way he held my hands while saying that...