Chapter 28

There was something wrong with Daemon after his parents left. I was trying to talk to him, but he would just say, that he was busy. I was worried, that I said something wrong, but I doubt it, because he always smiled at me, when I talked.

I wanted to try one last time. If he was mad at his dad, of course I would understand, but he couldn't let his fury on me.

My heart was beating a little faster than I wished. But before I could do anything, the door of his office swung open and I could see Daemon's upset face.

"What did I do?" I asked him with a frown on my face.

"Nothing, Flower. I'm so sorry, but my father said something, that made me furious. I promise you, that I wasn't mad at you." He started kissing me.

"Why did he say to you?" I asked through his kisses.

He stopped and sighed. "Something that made me a little upset."

"What did he say?" I asked again, but slower this time.

"No, I can't tell you." He shook his head and closed his eyes.

"Please?" I begged him, yet it was a whisper.

"He told me, that I should look after you." He swallowed. "That was a threat and I will protect you, I promise."

I gave him a little smile. "I trust you, but I also am capable of looking after myself on my own."

"He's a monster. Do you really want to know what I have been going through my entire life. Do you really want to know, what I had to go through as a child? I can't not panic, because I know, that he's a beast." His whole body started trembling.

"It's okay, you don't need to tell me." I whispered and gave him a soft kiss on his cheek.

"No, I have to tell you. Nobody knows and I just have that feeling, that, if I'm going to tell somebody I really trust, it will let me breathe more easily." Daemon said with a nod.

"Let's sit down, Flower." He took a deep breath.

"When I was a child, I was really shy. My parents obviously didn't like it, but my dad didn't really have sympathy for me at all. So, he... beat me up with the belt or whatever in the room was and I wasn't even allowed to cry, while he was doing that. I still have no idea of why he did that to me."

Tears were already forming in my eyes. "I'm so sorry."

Daemon shook his head. "When I turned twelve, I didn't want to live like that anymore. I just couldn't pity myself any more, I hated him. After I joined the mafia, and this family trained me, I was about to kill my father, but the mafia taught me to leave me family alone and never touch women."

The tears in my eyes were flowing through my face.

"I hate to say this, but I still look for an excuse to kill him. Just one little mistake and he is dead." He closed his eyes.

"What about your mother, Daemon? She loves him." I told him. "You can't kill him."

"Oh Flower, my parents don't love each other. It's just because of the business. Both of them had multiple affairs. The sad thing is, that this doesn't even make me sad."

I was really confused and shocked. Everything has been a facade?

"If there's something I can help with, I'll help without even thinking about it, understood? You have to know, that I'm always here for you." I caressed his cheek with my hand.

"Oh god, I must be a really shitty husband. I'm so sorry for putting you in this." The pain in his eyes hurt my heart so badly.

"You're the best husband. I thank god for everything, that happened to me the past few months, even if there were things, that made me feel vulnerable. I love you more than anything, please, always keep that in your mind."