Chapter 36

It's been a week since our fight and everything else had happened. As soon as I woke up I knew, this day wasn't going to end well and I was right, when Daemon told me that Rob and Laura, his new girlfriend would come over.

I wasn't only upset because Laure came, but also because Daemon's birthday was in two weeks and I had to prepare something special for his 25th birthday.

Well, I had to do everything somehow, but first I need to prepare food for my lovely friend, Laura and his boyfriend, Rob.

I don't even know how stupid he must be to date someone that blackmailed his best friend once. It's not that Daemon was scared, but the fact that she did that is terrifying and Rob didn't seem to care at all which made me sad, because they are actually like brothers.

I know Daemon would have never dated Lisa after all she's done to Rob.

We all like Rob because of his funny personality, but that's just sad.

Thank god, Daemon doesn't care about that. It's like he wanted to tell me that he won't have a long relationship with her anyways.

Whatever.

"Flower, Rob wants to go out for dinner. You don't have to make anything." Daemon chuckled as he hugged me from behind.

I turned around to make eye contact with him.

"Thank you lord. I was about to freak out, because I had no idea how to poison her." I shrugged.

"You're crazy, baby. We're leaving in three hours. Do you want me to do something for you, Flower?" He asked me, while he smiled at me.

"Daemon, you're actually really cute. I didn't know that side of yours." I smirked at him. We both knew I was teasing him, but it was kind of funny.

"You're not funny, when you do this." He laughed loudly, so you could see his perfect white teeth.

Ouch. That hurt my feelings a little.

I looked down at my belly. "Look baby, dada thinks I'm not funny. That's not true, right? Kick my belly if I'm funny."

Nothing happened.

"Well, must be embarrassing, right? Dada is and always will be right. Just saying, honey." Daemon has never looked so proud.

"Wow, men always have to win. And even if it's just a little thing they win, they'll get proud. That's really...childish." I hid my smirk.

"Don't be so rude, Mrs Thompson. I don't think your baby would like that." Daemon shrugged and left the kitchen.

I laughed quietly.

"Stop laughing at me." I heard him yelling from the living room.

I looked out of the window and noticed it was raining pretty much. The trees around our yard might be intimidating to some people, but for me it's actually a sign of peace. More specifically, it gives me peace and makes me forget about all the problems I actually have.

I always wanted to go to the forest with Daemon, but I would be too scared to and Daemon would probably say no.

Sighing, I left the kitchen also and went upstairs to make myself ready for the dinner. Daemon was probably in his office to settle some stuff with the company.

Sometimes I think he's only a mafia and forget that's he's a CEO also. We went once together to the place where he actually works and all I can say is that it was a huge building where many people worked.

That must be stressful, though. Imagine being the boss of all mafias and the boss of a big and important company.

How did he do that with the company, though?