~ T w o ~

After Asr prayer, I leave for the madrasa and now seated in the section exclusive for ladies, I look around the huge hall and beaming faces of women and children to try and spot my friend.

A tap on my left shoulder and I know she is here. Together, we get up and move towards a corner of the room, right under a ceiling fan.

People have showed up in large numbers. The halls for both the genders are packed and I'm all smiles as a voice belonging to the Imaam booms through the speaker and he begins to welcome everyone.

His speech ends as he introduces the speaker appointed for weekly lectures. A little girl crying in the front row attracts my attention and I fail to catch his name.

I dismiss the thought quickly, for I'm here for the lessons and not others' personal info.

Few taps on the microphone and a deep voice is heard. For a long moment, I'm spellbound. He begins with the verses of Quran, his recitation melodious.

The lecture starts and the voice captivates me just as much as the words do, if not more. It's almost like the depths of my soul is stirred.

The speaker reminds us about the temporariness of this world and the everlasting bounties of jannah and the various ways to achieve success in the hereafter. I detect an edge of longing in his tone and it's obvious that he practiced what he preached.

The session ends with a long, beautiful du'aa. Just like me, I'm sure everyone who listened carefully is hugely motivated to strive and strive for one goal that is surely going to make us ceaselessly prosperous in both the worlds.

As we leave for home, I look at my friend and give her the widest smile straight from my heart and I can swear I haven't felt this peaceful in a long time.