9

~Vallory's P.O.V.~
*2 weeks later*

After school started, I started easing out of my depressed stage. I still wasn't really talking to Carl, but I was starting to make friends and talk to Carol and Dad again. Every Wednesday everyone between the ages of 11 and 19 had to train in the Training Hall at the heart of the town. Sort of like at my old refugee camp. Carol and I were sitting on the couch in the living room and talking when a loud voice boomed through the deserted streets,
"Jason Bolts, Carl Grimes, Sara Miles, Vallory Dixon, Cory Smith, Gale Robin, and Tyler Sitts must report to the training hall Immediately. I repeat..."
They repeated all of the names then hung up. I gave Carol a confused look before sprinting to my room. I threw on my jean shorts, loose American flag t-shirt, with my knife and my two pistol holsters strapped to each of my legs. The usual soldiers that were lining the streets were replaced with men as large as bears with assault rifles and knives decorating there barbarian chests. Giving my dad a kiss and Carol a hug, I jogged out onto the sidewalk as did the other frightened looking kids. My eyes immediately found Gale and Cory, since they were my best friends, and I flagged them over.
"Do you know why we are being called out?" Gale asked right away, I shrugged.
"Yeah, and why didn't they just send people to come get us instead of announcing it to the whole fuckin city?!" Cory raged.
"I was actually hoping you guys would know," I trailed a little as my eyes found Carl, trudging just a good 20 feet ahead of us.
"You know, you guys should really talk it out. I know your dad's are really good friends so you're going to have to," Gale whispered, I just rolled my eyes.
The Training Hall was pretty much the old town hall, it was cleared out of the wreckage and they put matts and training supplies inside the large open room right inside the doors and in the back courtyard. Soldiers made sure we were in our correct alphabetical order lines (I was by Carl -__-) and we all gasped as General Kurk entered the room.
"Hello, as you know I am General Kurk, or also the mayor, and I have selected the most promising trainees of this town. Our small town is sadly running out of food, we need you to go to the town a couple miles away and get some. And that means crossing the border. If force is needed, then do so."
"You want us to go back into Georgia?!" Carl asked incredulously.
"What'r you talking about? The only state left with roamers is Texas." Sara gave Carl a weird look.
"So you lied. There are no safe states, are there General Kurk?" Gale said, eyeing the General.
"No," The General replied quietly, "We were only able to clear out Alabama. We built the walls around us to keep people in, and the threat out."
"So you basically want us to loot a camp?" Cory asked angrily, The General nodded.
"And what if we don't want to?" Sara challenged.
"Oh," The General smirked her evilly, "Then we'll just have to persuade you."
"And how are you going to do that?" Tyler asked.
The General snapped his dirty fingers, the Barbarian soldiers dragged out a frail, blindfolded woman and threw her to her knees, The General put a gun to her head.
"If you don't so as I say, I'll just have to kill your loved ones."
"Mom!" Sara screamed, lunging herself forward but was held back by Jason.
"This isn't a democracy, this is a fucking prison!" Gale shrieked.
"This is just another fucking Woodbury!" Carl seethed.
"Hm, Woodbury." The General smirked evilly again, "We've been looking for a new name for our town. Woodbury it is." The General cocked the gun.

"HERSHAL!"

I shook my head, the memory still all to fresh. Before I knew what I was doing, I had my pistol out and pointed at The General. Time slowed to a crawl, The General pointed his gun at me, all of the trainees pointed their guns at the soldiers barreling towards me in what felt like slow motion.
"Just take a breath..." I whispered to myself.

"And pull the trigger."

BAM!

***
Hey guys, trying my hardest to update for you people. And now my fonts won't change and it's seriously pissing me off!! So sorry! I have school tomorrow so I'll try to update after. Hope you enjoyed! I love feedback! Sorry it was so short, I try :c