Chapter 2: And the Truth Is Out

«also i miss hansol :(»

Park Jieun's POV

"What do you mean we can't get a divorce?" I asked my mom. "Can't you consider it?"

"We already agreed to do this marriage." My mom said. "If we don't do it now, then our business is in jeopardy. You don't want that, do you?"

"But—"

"Go to sleep and think about your mistake for even bringing up divorce." She scolded me and forced me into my room. She shut the door and locked it. I sighed knowing that it was pointless to even bother getting out. If she wants to lock the door, then she can do it. Sometimes I question whether or not she's aware I can still get out of the room. I don't want to test that theory though.

I changed into my pajamas and crashed onto the bed. The lights were turned off, so I could only stare into the black, empty void. I sighed again and closed my eyes to go to sleep.

I woke up the next morning pretty late but thank god it was a holiday. I changed out my pajamas and into a decently nice outfit that seemed as if I was up bright in the morning. I put my hair into a messy bun, sprayed some water on me, dried myself with a towel, and put on some glasses. Now I was ready to fake as if I was working on homework and forgot about breakfast until now.

I walked down the stairs to see my mom in an oddly happy mood. I stared at her strangely but shrugged it off and began to eat. It wasn't until my dad came to the breakfast table where she began her statement.

"Have you thought about your decision?" She asked me. I nodded my head, well aware of what she wanted.

"I decided to not go with the divorce and accept my marriage." I told her. "I will try to get to know Jaemin and be sure not to mess it up for the business."

"Good." She clapped her hands. My dad just took a sip from his coffee and flipped the page on the newspaper. My mom slapped my dad's shoulders to get his attention, which he did after spitting out his coffee onto the newspaper.

"You just made me ruin my newspaper!" He complained. My mom ignored him.

"I have decided that you will move in with Jaemin today and you are going to enroll into his school!" My mom exclaimed. Now it was my turn to spit out my drink all over my fluffy pancakes. They were really good too.

"M-move in?" I asked, wiping my lips. "T-today?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed. "And I finished your paperwork, which brings me to my next order of business: since when did you enroll yourself into the school?" I put my fork, which had a piece of the delicious pancake, back on the plate.

"I decided that I should probably take care of things ahead of time, you know?" I told her.

"Like a year?" She raised her eyebrows. "Honey, I'm well aware that we never even proposed to marry you a year ago. Explain yourself."