Chapter 30: MT Trip

«how can someone still look good trying to look ugly?»

Park Jieun's POV

"I think that's everything." I told Jaemin, checking off the last box.

It was four AM on Saturday night or Sunday morning, depending on how you see it, and we just finished packing our luggage for the MT trip. We got home after our date at twelve before we realized that we didn't pack our things. To make things better, we had to arrive at school at six in the morning to load the buses and drive to the campsite.

"Finally!" Jaemin plopped himself on the floor. "We're done!" I sat down next to him on the floor.

"And we get..." I turned on my phone to see the time. "Two hours before we have to be at school!"

"I'm just going to sleep on the bus ride to the campsite." Jaemin said. "It's a good four hours of a drive which should be enough. You can sleep right now."

"Nah." I told him. "I can just sleep on the bus with you. If I fall asleep right now, I won't be up till eleven, missing the bus ride."

"Are you sure?" Jaemin asked, concerned. "I can wake you up if you need me to."

"I'm good." I told him. "Besides, I think I would wake up pissed, even at you."

"As if!" Jaemin gave me a slight nudge. "There is no way anyone can be pissed at me!"

"Ask Jeno, Donghyuck, Mark, Chenle—"

"I get the point." Jaemin interrupted.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." Jaemin smiled. "Want some ramen?"

"Why not?" I shrugged.

"Which flavor?" He asked, getting up from the floor.

"Uh..." I thought for a minute. "Any flavor besides the spicy one."

"Damnit." I heard Jaemin mutter.

"You were about to give me the spicy one!" I pointed at him.

"Maybe." Jaemin shrugged before walking away towards the kitchen.

"God damnit Jaemin!" I screamed at him. "You better not!"

"I won't!" Jaemin called out. "I don't think we have anymore spicy ramen anyway!"

"Good!" I called back. I pulled out my phone and saw that it was about to die. I quickly ran towards the bedroom and plugged it in, saving it from its last moments before death. I sighed, knowing that I would have to leave it alone if I wanted it to be at 100% by the time it we were boarding the buses to the campsite.

"Hey, Jieun!" I heard Jaemin call out for me. I walked out of the bedroom door to see Jaemin looking around the living room, holding two plastic bowls of ramen. He turned towards my direction and lit up when he saw me. "I have our ramen!"