Chapter 19: Dinner

«#squadgoals»

«#squadgoals»

Park Jieun's POV

"I hope you know that I think you're adorable right now."

I blushed and let go of our hands when he said that to me. I quickly ran to the bedroom, shut the door, locked it, and jumped onto the bed. I grabbed the nearest pillow and screamed into it.

"Is everything okay in there?" I heard Jaemin call out from outside.

"Yeah!" I replied, smacking the pillow as hard as I could to get rid of my nerves.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I could hear the door knob being messed with. "If not, I'm going to bust through the door!"

"Everything's fine, I swear!" I yelled back. "Just... having a few buffers mentally! That's all!"

"Are you sure?" He asked again. "I can help you if you need!"

"I'm fine!" I yelled back.

"Alright." I heard his footsteps begin to leave from the door. I sighed in relief and pulled out my phone. "You thought!" Jaemin jump scared me, causing me to fall into the bed. I held in my scream.

"I swear to god, Jaemin." I said, calming myself down. "I'm gonna kill you one of these days."

"What was it that caused you to hide from me?" Jaemin hovered over me. He tilted his head. "Hmm?"

"Nothing." I pushed him off. "Just... nothing."

"Was it my comment from earlier?" He asked, pouting slightly.

"What?" I asked, trying to act shocked. "No!"

"You're lying~" He pointed at me, teasing me. "You're lying~"

"No, I'm not!" I buried my face in the blanket beneath me.

"You're lying~" He sang again, wrapping his arms around me. "Just admit it."

"Fine!" I took my face out of the blankets. "But why did you have to say that?"

"Because it's the truth!" Jaemin said. "Why can't I say the truth?"

"Now you're lying." I pointed at him.

"No, I'm not." Jaemin said. I smiled at him before noticing his loosened grip on me. I took this opportunity to bolt out of the room, shut the door, go to my bag and pull out my laptop. "Hey—oh you're working on homework."

"Yeah, you should do it too." I told him, typing up a book report that was assigned.

"I'll just go make some ramen." Jaemin said. "You want some?"

"Yeah!" I answered. "But are you seriously going to procrastinate on this?"

"I mean, just because an assignment is assigned today doesn't mean that I have to do it." Jaemin shrugged. "Besides, the book report isn't due until next week, the math worksheet isn't due until two days from now, and the science homework is to watch a video. I can always look up a summary online about it."