The Reaction To Revelation

A gasp escapes her dull pink lips , her eyes snapping open as she pushed herself up from her laying position on her king sized bed.

Her small chest heaved up and down, her dark brown eyes wide open with fright as tears gathered at the corners.

She took deep breaths and clenched the cloth covering her heart as she tried to calm her trembling limbs, trying to make sense of all that she had seen in her sleep.

Her previous life and what to led to what she is now.

Her legs shifted as she scrambled to get off of her bed and ended up face first on the floor, resulting in a loud thump.

And then she broke down.

Her long bangs tickled her eyes as she slightly pushed her self up, for enough space to breathe as heavy tears rolled down her round face and dropped onto the carpeted floor.

Just then the door to her room burst open and in burst two children extremely identical to the fallen girl .

One was a boy with almost white, pupil-less, wide droopy eyes, which were even wider with worry. His ginger-brown shoulder length hair messy from running over.

The other was a girl with ginger-brown hair as well, but leaned more towards a shade of caramel, with them being waist length. Her eyes, however, were a sparkling indigo, also wide with extreme worry.

They both hurried over to the girl on the floor, the indigo eyed girl holding the pale eyed boys' hand to lead him.

They took her hands and pushed her into a sitting position, the girl checking her body for any injury while the boy ran his hands on her face to feel for any scratch.

All the while, the girl's dark brown eyes followed her siblings' smallest actions, as slowly but surely, more tears rolled down her face.

The boy felt the tears on his fingers and frowned before mumbling in a small voice, "What do you cry for, dearest sister?"

And it was as though the words and the worry showing through her siblings' actions and their postures broke a dam inside the girl.

Her soft sobs turned into hysteric wails as she pulled them both so close to her body and held them so tight- as though her life depended on it.

Her brother and sister's worried questions fell on dead ears as she continued wailing and only tightened her hold on them.

So they decided to question her later, if she was willing to answer them. And for the time being, focused on letting her cry it all out.

========================

Chapter one; completed.