A Game Of Chess

Herma's P.O.V

As of right now, I, along with a jittery Gertjua to my right and a composed Farfia to my left, sat on our couch in the garden.

And opposite to us sat, the fourth capture target. Along with his sister.

Adrian Ophiucus, is the younger son of Marquees Ophiucus along with his younger sister (Y/N) Ophiucus.
A boy with crimson hair and light wine pink eyes. A mischievous yet fragile body profile.

‘Ah shit.  It’s barely been a day since I woke up and I’ve already met two of the five main targets! I don’t mind (Y/N) but her brother….’

(Y/N) Ophiucus, Adrian's sister had (Y/H/C) which she inherited from their great grandmother;  and (Y/E/C) which she inherited from her mother, hence why she looks so different from Adrian.

He’s the most troublesome of the bunch in my view.

The brat has the personality of a heroine I swear.  He’s kind, quirky, cheery, caring and all. But of course he has to have a downside which our heroine dearest has to heal.
The kid is the most broken of all the love candidates.
All of the expectations piled on his shoulders due to his magic capabilities from the age of 6 to onwards is too much for him to handle.
However, the brat in front of me now is 4 years old. Just like us.
Which means that he hasn’t been seasoned for the heroine to take.

Another problem is that he is a sis-con.
Farfia wasn’t exactly in his route. However, seeing her ‘bully’ his sister made him hate her.
Her being the heroines’ ‘bully’ gained the heroine sympathy points from Adrian which she used to her advantage, befriended (Y/N) and gained the key to Adrian’s ever lonely heart.

Anyways, if he isn’t taken out now, he’ll end up being the thorn he is.

Let’s begin the dance, shall we?

First step: befriend (Y/N).

I don’t hate her. In fact, I might even feel bad manipulating her.
However, I have to make it clear to her that my sister isn’t a goddamned bully.

3rd P.O.V

“Um…would you like to see my pond that I take care of myself, Lady (Y/N)?” With a small and gentle smile tugging at her lips and her eyes gleaming with friendliness, Herma invited (Y/N) to a friendly chat and hopefully, no, surely, by the end of the Ophiucus' stay, she’d have (Y/N) in her grasp.

(Y/N), with slight surprise, nodded her head before looking towards Adrian for permission who had his wine pink eyes fixed on Herma and narrowed in suspicion.

“May I ask what exactly you want with my sister, Lady Herma?” He asked, his voice like spikes.

“A friend. Siblings are not exactly less than friends but not friends either.” She spoke abruptly, before stiffening and biting her lower lip at her slip up. Though the slip up was genuine, she knew that the results will work out to be in her favor. She knew manipulation like the back of her hand after all.

To say that Adrian was a little startled at the bluntness of her words and her ‘duh. What else?’ expression would be putting it too lightly.

It did raise a spark of emotion for the girl other than suspicion, however.
Irritation.

‘Two can play this game, Brethera. Two can play it.’

===========================

Chapter Nine; Complete.

How did you all like my surprise? Tell me what you think about the reader insert please.