Once I Was Seven Years Old

The picture above does not belong to me. Anyways, here's a chapter for those who bother with this book. I cannot thank you guys enough. So I tried to write this chapter twice as long as I usually do. I tried my best. Enjoy~

This chapter is dedicated to RaveMaster16 for being the first voter of my book. Thanks.
-----------------------------------------

Herma's P.O.V

And ever since the day I recalled my previous life, met the villainess; my sister and two capture targets; Adrian and my lovely brother, 3 years have passed.

It was hard, having to keep my temper in check every single time anyone would talk down to either Fia or Yuya. It was oh-so-frustrating being so close to them yet not being able to protect them.

It was hard 'earning' my arsehole of parents approval while making sure I didn't exactly change. I wouldn't have given two moments to care about what the ones who gave birth to me thought about me. However, I am here to survive and give my siblings happy lives. So of course, I had to rise in the power levels of this world.

This thought chain led me to actually paying attention to etiquette classes, dance classes, my studies etc. etc. Of course, with how much I had to study in my previous life, the studies of this one weren't a bother to me. This era being a whole century behind mine also gave me an advantage over the subjects, the technology and thought processes. My boredom at finding these things too easy led me to going through the whole library, reading whatever I could get my hands on just to quench my thirst of entertainment.

When this was done and over with and I was succumbing into my sorrow of being too fast of a reader and having nothing to do, having made my days as tasteless as dirt, things turned for what could be seen as better.

One day, while I was playing chess with my siblings while sitting atop a tree branch, my parents called me. Farfia had sent me a completely terrified and worried look while my brother had just looked at where he supposed I was with tears in his pearly eyes. This was a completely out of the ordinary experience. Even my own heart had started pounding due to how unpredictable this situation had been.

Of course, I had my full intentions to catch their eye so I could make a deal similar to Farfia's with them, but I hadn't thought it would be this soon. At that time, barely seven months had passed since I had 'woken' up after all.
For my parents, that was when they noticed my changes. For the rest of the time however, they had thought of me as brain dead.

Anywho, they had noticed, talked to me about it and how I was doing good, learning how to be human, and how all I need to do now was behave. And then I struck the deal. I would be allowed to be 'myself'/ 'wild creature' when with my siblings and will do whatever I wished to and in return I'll make sure that Gertjua was- in my parents words: 'actually capable of something' while also presenting myself as the second proper daughter of Duke Brethera.

Their words had pissed me off so much that as soon as I was dismissed, I had ran and punched my room's wall. It had left my fist bruised and bloody and made me realize that knowledge and power as a Dukes' child alone won't protect me. And hence, I began my training. I, of course, did not know my magic capabilities nor did I wish to be dependent on them so I trained my body instead. My obsession with fighting tactics and weapons in my previous life gained me another advantage in this life.

With those, I taught my siblings some things as well. Farfia learned the main weak points of a human body and how to take advantage of them, also learning the best flexibility attacks. Of course, I had to teach her defense and dodge to the best of my capabilities, as it was inevitable that she would be targeted by many in the future.

While to Gertjua, I taught him to use his ears, his feet, nose and his sensitive skin. Teaching him to feel vibrations through the ground while wearing shoes was quite a task. We had started off easy of course, feeling with bare feet. With the nose, I taught him to enhance his sense of smell. If you don't have one stat to distribute your points to, distribute them to another which will gain you advantage over situations. That's what I'd learnt from games anyways. Then there was his hearing. He had to strain his ears a lot to be able to hear any small movement. For that I had him meditate quite a lot in our garden and the forests of our turf. His skin was what felt attacks or movements made near him. As long as he had these, I was sure he would be fine.

It had taken me up to now, to have them master these abilities. I, of course had made sure I had every one of these things carved into my muscle memory as permanently as my love for my siblings.

Other than these, I also had martial arts, BaguZhang- a fighting style consisting of pressing the pressure points of the body to paralyze it, and boxing perfected down to the T. It had taken me a while to build up the strength required to dent a tree bark but it was much more than an average person could do.

Although me and my siblings were 7 now, we could most probably take down a lower guard of the palace by ourselves if taken seriously.

My limbs had begun developing muscles bit by bit and now were about as big as my closed fist.

Of course, that doesn't mean I would let myself or my siblings slack off. We needed to be in shape.

My parents had of course been furious at my decision to have their perfect daughter, aka Farfia, learn to fight but I reasoned with them that as she would be the first in line for candidates for the Prince, she would be targeted. They had me grounded as they were still angry but had accepted my reasoning.

As for Gertjua, he had been acknowledged by our parents as well. That doesn't mean we were given the love of a parent however, it did make things much easier for us.

As for our relations with Adrian Ophiucus, the fourth capture target, my brother was his best friend, my sister was on neutral grounds with him but had quite a nice relation with his sister; (Y/n) Ophiucus and I...well, I had a like-hate relationship with him. I had befriended (Y/n) according to my plans, however, that had ended up with the sis-con getting jealous of how much more attention she paid to me than him. And I would always tease him about it, which mostly always resulted in spars or fights between us. We did have some friendly moments though and if asked, he would refer to me as a friend.

Anywho, I had yet to meet another capture target or a character of importance, though I have a feeling that will change soon.

We will be debuting in the society next week, after all.

=========================================

Chapter Ten; Complete.