Chapter 3: Just you and me now

The next morning Heather woke up and decided to take a quick shower, having been too tired to take one last night, before leaving the room to bid the Heelshires goodbye.

However, as soon as she stepped out of the room she heard a commotion coming from the doll's room and decided to investigate

Heather was hesitantly making her way down the hall when she heard Mrs

Heather was hesitantly making her way down the hall when she heard Mrs. Heelshire start to yell, "Brahms, what have you done? How could you?"

Heather rounded the corner and looked through the doorway to see what had happened, only to find Mrs. Heelshire on her knees in the center of a completely destroyed room and she looked as though she was about to burst into tears.

Heather looked at the room in shock and confusion, what had happened? Was their a break in? Or did the Heelshires do this to keep up with their charade?

"Wait till I tell daddy! I can't believe you did this..." Mrs. Heelshire scolded the doll as though he had actually done it, "Mummy has to go now, and you have to be a good boy." She caressed the doll's face lovingly, "Because you promised us you would."

Heather gasped and jumped in fright as she felt someone touching her arm. She whirled around to be faced with a solemn Mr. Heelshire.

"Mr. Heelshire" She breathed, placing her hand on her chest.

"I apologize if this all seems rushed, Miss Miller, but it's been so long since we've been on holiday and we're quite anxious to be off." He seemed a bit nervous as he led her down the hall, "Besides, Brahms seems so fond of you. I only wish we had time to explain to the idiosyncrasy of a child as unique as our Brahms. But, you'll pick it up, I'm sure."

Heather smiled kindly, "I'm sure I will."

Mr. Heelshire took some paper out of his pocket, "I've got something to help you along. A schedule, if you will. The rules, Mrs. Heelshire was kind enough to write them out, you see?"

He unfolded the paper and handed it to Heather, who took it and began reading them over, "Now it may seem a bit silly, but it is imperative that you follow them, because Brahms is not like other children." he continued explaining as he led the way downstairs, "He can be...particular. I'm afraid we may have indulged him a bit over the years."