Chapter 11: Where did the rats come from?

Heather looked up at Brahms, "We need to clean up this mess

Heather looked up at Brahms, "We need to clean up this mess."

He nodded but didn't reply, and simply waited for her instructions.

"Okay," she said, "I'm going to clean up in here and wrap up the body, find another mirror for the wall. I need you to take Malcolm back to his truck and make it look like he fell asleep in there, okay?"

Brahms nodded and walked over to lift up Malcolm's body, throwing him over his shoulder, "Brahms," His head snapped in her direction, "Don't kill him. Then who would bring us our groceries?" She joked nervously.

Brahms nodded in understanding and carried Malcolm out of the room.

Heather stayed behind and started cleaning up the shards of glass that were everywhere and she wrapped Blake's body up in the rug so the blood wouldn't get on anything else. She then went in search of another mirror to replace the broken one. By the time she found one and had come back into the parlor, Brahms had come and taken Blake's body out.

Heather hung the new mirror up and looked around the room only to see the remaining body of the Brahms doll and she let out a groan. How was she supposed to get another one of those dolls?

She sighed and picked up the pail of glass shards she had swept up and moved them into the kitchen so she could begin trying to pull out all the pieces that belonged to the doll's face. Heather figured that she could at least try and glue it back together.

Heather was nearly done collecting all the pieces, when another, bloodier piece was sat down next to her. Heather looked up to see Brahms standing there hovering over her.

She smiled and motioned to the chair next to her, "Have a seat Brahms."

He slowly sat down as though she would change her mind at any moment.

"Are you hungry?" She asked as she stood up to wash the bloody porcelain shard.

"Yes." He whispered; he was still talking in his childlike persona.

"Alright," Heather smiled over at him and began fixing him a sandwich, "Say," she started, "Did you happen to clean up the mess in the billiard room?"

Brahms nodded slowly as he watched her move about the kitchen.

"Good," She complimented, "We need to burn Blake's stuff, but I suppose we can do that tomorrow." She sat the plate with his sandwich down in front of him, "Eat up. Once I finish this we need to get to bed."

Brahms stared at the plate, and then up at her before looking down at the plate. He gingerly touched the cheek of his mask as he once more looked up at Heather.

She sighed sadly, "Very well, you may take the food into another room and eat if you don't want to remove the mask in front of me." She wanted to see what he looked like.