Ch.28

Niall's POV

"Cam, come check out this view!" I called to her from the window of our room. She quickly ran over to me and looked out the window. 

"Woah! Is that a pool or a water park?" Camryn giggled in excitement. 

"Wanna go swim after we unpack?" I asked her. 

"Yeah! Last one ready is a rotten egg!" She said and ran back to her suitcase. I haven't seen her this energetic since before the accident. It felt good to see her genuinely excited for something again. I shook out of my thoughts when I remembered we were racing, and quickly went to unpack my stuff. 

"You're going down, kid." I teased while shoving clothes into drawers.

"Nuh uh! You are!" She shot back.

"I don't think so. Boys have way less clothes than girls." 

"Not you, diva." She giggled.

"Oh you are so going down." I chuckled and grabbed my swimsuit before stripping to my boxers.

"Ew! Go to the bathroom, weirdo!" Camryn giggled and threw a pillow at me, causing me to lose my balance and fall down while attempting to stick one leg through my swimsuit. Okay, maybe I fell slightly on purpose to let my sister win. 

"Hey, that's a foul!" I said while struggling to put my swimsuit on over my boxers. It actually was pretty hard from the floor while laying on my side.  Camryn giggled and grabbed her swimsuit before running to the bathroom and shutting the door. "Better hurry! I'm almost done!" I said through the door. I decided to stay in the same position the entire time the door was closed. Yeah, you can say it. I'm the best big brother. I finished pulling up my swimsuit when the door flew back open. 

"I win!" She smiled and threw her arms above her head. 

"Man, you're quick." I sighed and shook my head while standing up. "When did you get that?" I asked, pointing to her swimsuit. She was wearing a two-piece, and I swear she looked eighteen instead of eight. I didn't like it one bit. 

"Like a year ago." Camryn said. 

"What ever happened to those swim shirts and skirts you used to wear? I like those better." I said.

"My tankinis? Yeah those are in the trash. I'm too old for those now." She said. Good Lord, I'm gonna be in trouble when she's a teenager. Where did this child come from and how are we related?

"Well what about those one-piece ones?" I asked. 

"Ew, those are in the trash too." Camryn cringed, as if we were talking about the most disgusting thing in the world. 

"Alright, alright. Let's go." I chuckled and shook my head. Camryn smiled victoriously and skipped to the door. 

Once we were outside our pale Irish skin started soaking up the sun. I sat down in an open chair and pulled out the sunscreen from the swim bag. I've experience my fair share of sunburns, and I refuse to get one on day one. 

"Come here, Cam." I said while squirting some sunscreen into my hand. I lathered her up good to make sure there would be no chance of a sunburn for a little while. I rubbed as much sunscreen as I could into my own skin next. "Will you get my back, please?" I asked while handing her the bottle. After she thoroughly rubbed the sunscreen into my back, we were finally ready to hop in. "Ready?" I asked her. 

"Yeah!" She smiled and took my hand before dragging me to the edge of the pool. "On three we'll jump in together." Camryn said. 

"Okay." I nodded and got ready. 

"1...2...3!" We counted together before I jumped in. I sprung up out of the water to find Camryn still standing at the edge of the pool laughing. 

"You tricked me, you little brat!" I chuckled. Okay, I'll admit. She really did get me there. "Come on, jump in." I said while holding out my arms. She took a big breath before jumping into the water. I caught her just before her head was going under and twirled her around. Camryn giggled and held onto me tightly. 

"Let's play the color game." She said. We played this game at least a thousand times growing up. We didn't have a pool at our old house, but whenever we went to one that was our go to game. 

"Okay." I hummed and cradled her in my arms. "Alright I got my color." I said. 

"Blue?" She asked. 

"Nope." I smiled and dipped her head back. 

"Pink?" She asked. 

"Wrong again." I teased. She took a deep breath and plugged her nose before I dipped her back under. 

"Orange?" She asked nasally, as she was still plugging her nose. 

"Yup, you got it!" I smiled and flipped her backwards. After what felt like hours of playing in the pool, I quickly felt myself getting fatigued. "Wanna go get something to drink?" I asked her. 

"Yeah." Camryn nodded and followed me out of the pool. We walked to the snack and drink stand and looked at the menu. 

"What would you like?" I asked her. 

"I don't know." She shrugged. I forgot she probably didn't know what anything was on the menu. 

"I'll surprise you then." I smiled and ordered us two virgin Pina Coladas. We walked back to our chair with our drinks and sat side by side. "How does it taste?" I asked Camryn. 

"Really good." She nodded before taking another sip of her drink. 

"Good." I smiled and took the mini umbrella out of my drink before slipping it behind Camryn's ear. Camryn giggled and did the same back to me. 

"Oh, pretty!" She giggled.

"Am I the prettiest girl you've ever seen?" I asked before puckering my lips and posing.

"Yeah." Camryn giggled and nodded. 

"Oh thank you." I smiled and looked back out towards the pool. That's when I felt completely relaxed. The sun beating down on our backs, sipping a tropical drink by the pool, and nothing planned. I could get used to this.