Chapter Nine - A turn for the worst?

Braedon (Mr. Todd)'s POV:

I began wrapping up the call. "Okay, tomorrow night! I'll tell Crys

now!" I said.

"Yeah, man, happy birthday," said my friend Tom Hansle.

"Thanks," I said, hanging up the phone. I finished my last puff of the cigarette. In the corner of my eye I saw three girls skipping along, one trailing behind almost shivering - shit, it was Cassie. I didn't think she was looking at me but I gave her a sweet smile if she was. Soon after, I headed inside and took the elevator up to my floor.

As I reached my door, I began to think. Was Crystal even home? I had been out all night so I wouldn't know, she could have been doing the same. She was a party girl. This was one of her traits I didn't care

much for, but I suppose she couldn't help it. Well, if she wasn't a party girl, I guess we wouldn't have met. She was a fan girl at my first big concert. I wonder how life would be if she wasn't my girl.

I entered my home to hear a loud but muffled gasp. "Hello?" I called out. Almost as if it were an instinct I followed to sound to the source.

I picked up my pace and found myself outside of my bedroom. Hastily, I opened the door. My eyes widened as I saw Crystal in the arms of Jud Rogers. Her face was just as twisted as mine, but probably for a different reason. I had caught her; she had gotten caught. Jud began to explain. "Shut up" was all I said. "How long?" I asked.

"When did I start going out every night?" Crystal asked, I didn't know if it was rhetorical or not.

"Oh, so about since we met?" I snapped.

"No, about a month, Brae. I'm sorry, I really was going to tell you! But it was your birthday and all -" she began. Jud immeadiately headed for the door; I wasn't stopping him. All I needed was his ass lingering around.

How could she not tell me about this? I told her about Cassie kissing me and that could get me arrested! Crystal began stating the typical bullshit about it not meaning anything and how she was going to end it. If she really was going to end it, why couldn't she tell me? "So I guess this is the trial divorce," she muttered.

"Excuse me?" I growled.

"Well, I've been talking to my friends, to my mom, and I just don't feel it anymore. I'm not in love with this Braedon! Truth is, we fell out long before this," she said.

"Really, cus it was news to me!" I yelled. I didn't even know what I was saying. She was right. We had fallen out of love long before Jud and long before Cassie. Maybe we weren't meant to be.

I left the bedroom and sat on the couch, staring emotionlessly at the dark wall. Crystal began packing her bags and before I knew it she had left to go to Jud. I ran my fingers through my thick and dark hair. It needed to be washed. Maybe I should just take a shower, anything just to get my mind off what had just happened.

*******

THANK YOU FOR READING!!!

Again... sorry this is soooooo short!!! less internet access ): only have it at cafes and shit... well once we have it installed in the new house you can count on loads of stories!!!

COMMENT

VOTE

AND FAN

(And keep reading ;) ) oxoxoo