⊰8⊱

💫

What Wyn said...

...it gave me a lot to think about that night. I don't know what he believes in...but I find it oddly strange the second he mentioned something, I felt like I had right before Aeon breached the veil and everything changed.

It was a simple surprise, but one I found endearing...that Wyn was waiting for me at the slaves' dining room. When I enter the room, it appears he's already gotten his food, yet he makes a second pass being able to move right to the front and comes back with a tray before me.

"You're awfully nice," I mention to him, wondering what it is that he's drawn to me for.

He merely shrugs his shoulders, walking with me to the table before stating, "Well, you're eating for two and I don't think you should have to wait to eat," as we sit down next to each other, he chuckles, "who knows, you might bear the next personal slave of Master Cormac's one day."

"Ew..." I can't stop myself.

Rochelle and Linda and whispering to one another at the table they'd been at yesterday, catching glances they throw my way. I don't care about the silent judgment that's being passed, because I already know what happens. It's the timing that counts and when everything falls into place, the decisions made will determine the outcome.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive," Wyn begins to eat his breakfast and I scan over mine. It's not his fault, he doesn't know anything.

I shake my head and tell him, "I'm just a little on edge."

"Can't blame you," Wyn nods and informs me, "Warren was worried about Rose all of yesterday, that he even sneaked her chocolate when she wasn't supposed to be eating as a punishment."

"Where is he, exactly?" I ask with curiosity, though it's cleared up soon after my thought because I see him enter the slaves' dining room. I begin to process everything that will follow, Rose coming with her friends to eat, Warren and her getting closer...

...Grandpa, he's going to make her clean the mirrors.

I can't just wait for time to pass...

...I need to do something. I need to make a difference in a way that Grandpa can't.

I've hardly eaten much of my breakfast when I stand from my seat, Warren giving me a side-eye. Wyn tells him, "Don't worry about it, she's not a rat."

The whole Laisha and Aohdan definitely not being beloveds thing...

"You can take my seat," I take with me the tray in my hands, moving out of Warren's way. He furrows his brows, more than likely believing he's offended me, but I tell him, "I need to do something."

Warren's voice is wary as he says, "Okay," after a few moments pause, he also adds, "thanks for not saying anything."

"Of course," I offer a small smile, nodding at the both of them before turning on my heels and heading to dispose of my tray.

It's a few moments later when I'm heading toward the doors, that Rose and Sidney are standing at the entrance, Sidney asking, "Oh my gosh, that came from you?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I catch Rochelle flagging the two of them down to join for breakfast. When I move to go around the two of them, Rose gives me this nasty look and I just want to punch her square in the face...I want to put her in her fucking place for everything she did...everything she caused my mom to go through...

...but I don't.

I can't.

"Yea, no point in trying to hide the fact I'm being starved," Rose groans, double checking her ponytail is fastened correctly upon her head. When I'm leaving, I hear her ask Sidney, "What's lower, a love slave or a breeder?"