⊰19⊱

💫

When I open my eyelids, I stare up at a bright ceiling, the lights causing me to squint before turning my head to the side. There are x-rays on a light box attached to the wall, ultrasound images taken as well. Confusion washes over me, a wave of panic forcing me to bolt right up, only to stare at him sitting in a chair against the wall opposite the medical bed I'm on.

Arching a brow, I ask, "Where's my Grandpa?"

"Damn, I wondered if you'd be able to tell," Uncle Kev chuckles, rising from the seat and coming close to my right said.

"You forget..." I giggle, "...I know you."

Uncle Kev tilts his head from side to side, debating this over before nodding and replying, "I'll give you that," he appears off and asks, "how is my great niece feeling?"

"Not great," I glance away and back to the images taken.

Uncle Kev follows my gaze and retorts, "Ha, you're funny, perhaps we can play some pranks on your grandpa," he winks at me, trying to get me to laugh, but I can't. He sighs and places his hands into his pockets, walking around the end of the bed and close to the images. In the next moment, he tells me, "You're not doing great, that's the clear part."

Shaking my head, I ask, "What?"

Uncle Kev nearly jumps through the roof, a scream leaving his lips when Tresor suddenly appears next to him. Tresor chuckles, his eyes twinkling with amusement, Uncle Kev stating, "Don't do that! You're going to give me a heart attack and die!"

"Not likely, I need you alive," Tresor taps his forehead when turning to Uncle Kev and asking, "Remember?"

"I wanna be a real boy!" Uncle Kev stomps his foot and pouts with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

Tresor releases a sigh and states, "You know our agreement now...I'll release you of the blood tie along with Cormac once I've bestowed my gift upon Ekáti's physical form, however, you create zero problems for me crossing planes."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Uncle Kev rolls his eyes, though he suddenly tells me, "oh, you don't know why magician over here is here at this moment..."

"Can't I stop by just to say hi?" Tresor questions him, taking a step closer to the images.

Uncle Kev laughs sarcastically, "You really think you popping in around my great niece...yes, which Cormac said from Dot herself, you're somehow, someway connected...you're gonna ever just show up to say hi. Perhaps hi and can I leech your energy and you take my blood? I don't even-"

"I'd be doing a lot more if that were my intention," Tresor cuts him short, his eyes flashing with those brilliant electric blue irises, Uncle Kev nearly falling over at Tresor's remark and intrusion.

My cheeks burn at his words, my eyes widening for a moment. Uncle Kev saves me by asking, "Are you gonna tell her what's happening? Considering Cormac wouldn't let a vampire doctor near her due to her...condition and species..." Uncle Kev sighs at this like it was a headache from the beginning since Grandpa brought me back.

Tresor's features shift to something much more serious, his eyes finding mine as he informs me, "Your pregnancy just became high risk..." his voice trails off as he selects his words carefully, "...that side of your entity is rejecting, wanting to eliminate and consume all life."

"Can't you be clear?" Uncle Kev sighs and points at Tresor while telling me, "He hasn't changed his wording and no one understands w-"

"I understand," my voice is quiet, my heart starting to beat fast. Uncle Kev can hear this, furrowing his brows and coming close to me, outstretching his arms while his hands touch my shoulders. Tears form in my eyes, that part of my conscious that wants to keep saying that I'm not evil are being backed into a corner...