part 5

It's a glimpse of our baby

Neil's point of view:
"Mrs. khanna u have to drink 4 bottles of water (a/n I exactly don't know the amount yaar)  before going for  a sonogram. Get ur bladder full soon dear. Nurse will help u." The doctor completed the instructions and we were taken to another room. It's our first time and we both were equally nervous and eager to know what is in store for us.

I took avni and went to the waiting room of sonogram lab. It was filled with pregnant ladies with Thierry visible bumps. But mostly they were alone. I wondered weather men's are restricted or some sort. 

The nurse gave a water bottle to me. "Don't force her to drink water she may vomit if we do so. Make her drink slowly with no rush to complete the task and make sure that she drinks alteast 3 bottles so that she can get ready for the scan. And haan she can't pee until scan completes." Nurse instructed me slowly while avni was sitting far under the fan waiting for me to return. I turned to look at her. We both gave a assurance smile to each other as if we are in a mission which is about to start.

"And haan Mr. Please Accompany her at every appointment with scans and doctor. I  have seen many husbands who have shown their interest in only first visit. Then they vanish and only ladies come to know about their baby. that's bad. U have to support her till the end and even time." Asked the 40+ kind lady to me with an assuring smile. I reciprocated the assurance from my side to which she patted my shoulders in appreciation.

"Good,now take ur own time and call me when u r ready. Okay" she smiled.

"Sure sister."

I went to avni and gave her the water bottle. She slowly started to drink. And sometimes she was fast. Sometimes dead slow. But I waited patiently. She hesitated water after 2 bottles were over. See started to get pee sensation and stopped drinking water completely. It was 2 and a half  bottles right then.

Nurse ensured that water is now enough as her bladder is full.

After what felt like ages doctor came to the scan room. May be I was too eager to wait or may be she was really late. She advised avni to lie down on her back and hiked her top exposing her belly.

I holded avni's hand while I sensed her nervousness. We both are going through the same phase. And the feeling was mutual. Ready Mr. And Mrs. Khanna.

With that the doctor took out a bottle squeezing the bottle a transparent gel was poured all over avni's lower abdomen. Her grip in my hand tightened and she suppressed her lips due to the tickling sensation she felt when the doctor spreads the gel all over her belly and she again poured more gel. Now she replaced her hands with a  transducer which was running her lower abdomen and the doctor continuously checked the monitor.

We both looked at the monitor to understand something but we were not getting what is even happening. I guess next time I should be more prepared about pregnancy before coming here. Avni looked at me while the doctor gave an doubtful look towards both of us. She clicked the transducer several times probably taking the glimpse of the babies I guess. Then she stopped moving the transducer at one place and looked as though us smiling.

"Mrs. Khanna u r 5 weeks pregnant. Congrats" the doctor said smiling to which avni squeezed my hand in happiness with her adoring smile  while I kissed her forehead in return. She was in tears due to happiness. Our happiness  knew no bound. I again bend down to kiss her cheeks.

"And r u seeing this"the doctor showed us the monitor. We both looked at monitor now with great seriousness as If finding out some sort of puzzle.

 We both looked at monitor now with great seriousness as If finding out some sort of puzzle

Well...we didn't understand which is the baby here. There where two small circles which the doctor was pointing out. Avni smiled as if she understood.

"Well u r carrying two embryo's my dear. So it's a twin" the doctor announced.

If only I could speak what I am feeling then I could express it. No words in the world can describe the happiness we are experiencing. I smiled at avni and peeked her lips in happiness while the doctor was busy doing something in the file.

"Now are u guys ready to hear ur babies heart beats" the doctor asked eagerly while we nodded assuringly.

Then after change on equipments she took out the fetal doppler and fixed some machines and raised the volume and there we heard that small heart beats. We couldn't differentiate but we got eco maybe because 2 babies are inside. That was the most divine sound I would have ever heard. Our babies heart beat. I placed avni's hand near my heart which all the  while I was holding. She could have felt my increasing heartbeat in happiness. She smiled looking at me with atmost happiness which knows no bound here after.

I thought only soft music's soothe our soul till I listened to my babies beat

After completing doctor handed the tissues to me asking to clean avni and guide her to bathroom. I was wiping her belly while she hiked up as soon as the doctor was out of the screen and thrown herself into me hugging tightly as humanely as possible while I was mumbling a faint thank u for giving me such a beutiful chance. For making us parents. We both were in our embrace for a while while suddenly avni pushed me away and ran towards the bathroom before I could even register what is happening.

After composing herself avni came out of the washroom while I went near her to peek her lips again. And then we came out hand in hand. The doctor was ready in her cabin. We sat along with her.

"So Mr. Neil u can tell me how was ur first meet with ur child"

" It was Divine doctor. Words can't express my feelings now" I smiled with mist eyes while avni held my shoulder smiling. I again mumbled a thank u to her for this beutiful gift while she blinked her eyes........

"Haha....ohkay Neil. Coming to the point as u know in pregnancy diet is the he most important thing. Avni is healthy for now. She is completely fit and fine to carry baby. But to continue this pregnancy she has to take care of her diet. I know avni that u will not feel like eating at this stage due to vomiting sensation. But u have to eat for the babies. Other than that I will give the chat of the diet plan she must follow Mr. Neil. U see that she takes those regularly along with tablets. It's ur responsibility for 9 months Mr. Khanna. Do u understand."

"Yes doctor" I said enthusiastically absolutely loving this new responsibility.

XXXXXXXXXXX

Thank u guys....

Sorry it accidently updated. So I unpublished it.

Do vote and comment guys.

How was the twin part. Reactions awaited

Much love,
Prinku❤