Break In

Ella's pov:

You know a problem that I tend to have?

Well, I don't tend to think things through.

Now, you can kinda get an idea of the position I put myself into.

Sneaking back into my house.

I mean, I never snuck back in before like I did sneaking out.

You know.. because of reasons I would not like to talk about right now.

Should I go with the granny disguise again?

I look over to see the bag sitting right next to me on the seat along with many other bags.

I went to the mall to buy myself a mountain of t-shirts with all the birthday money I have saved up hidden for years.

I mean, I never went out to use it, so I had a lot of extra to spend.

I couldn't use my parents money, they would have traced it back to the mall and all the t-shirts and know something was up.

I open the bag and do a quick change in the car, adding the make up to my face, you know, adding many.. many years.

Gosh, I really hope I don't look this bad in the future.

But, I'm probably going to be living with about twenty cats anyways so...

Maybe I just won't buy mirrors in the future.

After I am done, I pull up to the front gate, to see it was the same guy as when I snuck out.

I almost feel bad, I know it is his job and stuff, but it just sounds like it sucks to stand somewhere all day. I mean, we don't get like ANY visitors.

"Back again I see." The guy says and I nod my head.

"Oh yes.. dear... had to get... knitting supplies.. for the grand kids."

I swear, the words just come out naturally, I have no control over it.

"Well.. uh.. I'm going to need an ID."

What!!!

"ID? I was here earlier, why do I need an ID?" I almost forgot to use my granny voice, but I caught my mistake just in time.

"You don't need one to get out, only to get in." He says crossing his arms over his chest.

Remember when I said I felt bad for him for standing there all day?

Well... not anymore.

"Oh darn, must have left it with the... cat. You don't mind if I just make my way in, you know, for dear old me."

He hesitates for a moment, but he quickly returns to his cold stare.

"Can't do, I will just have to call the Sander's myself-..."

"No!!" I shout, but my eyes quickly widen as it wasn't my granny voice.

He stares at me wide eyed back and I quickly sink back in my seat.

I clear my throat. "Oh-... you know.. the puberty years catching up with me."

Old people don't go through puberty Ella!!

"Excuse me, stay here and let me take the call." He says and starts to walk to his little post.

Crap!! What do I do??

This will either play out in two ways, my dad will say he doesn't know me and I will never get in...

Or he will come out here, and with one glance, he will know it is me.