36: Silence

Namjoon let out a satisfied moan as he woke up and stretched out his muscles. The sun was only just beginning to rise, but he had slept well for the first time in what felt like years.

Hana's warm body was beside him and he smiled, dragging the blankets up over her exposed shoulder.

The night he had spent with her was possibly the best night of his life. Nothing had ever felt so right before, and if he didn't know better, he would have said he was in love.

He smiled to himself and shook his head. Maybe it was love. He wasn't against the feeling. In fact, it would be nice to have someone to be with him during these hard times. And who better than someone who was tough and able to create life-changing drugs that could one day save the human race?

Leaning over, he pressed a soft kiss to Hana's cheek before climbing out of the bed and rooting around the floor for his clothes. As he picked up the Doctor's jeans to get to his shirt underneath, something heavy fell out, making a soft thump as it hit the floor.

Namjoon quickly got himself dressed and picked up the item, his eyes widening when he saw what it was.

"A book?" He muttered, opening it up and flicking through the pages. It was full of Hana's writing, with barely anything that Namjoon could understand written inside. He recognised a few sentences in there, as well as a few names, but the rest went straight over his head.

"Namjoon?" The soldier looked up when he heard Hana's sleepy voice and smiled, "What are you doing?"

"This fell out of your pocket," He said, holding up the book, "It's heavy, what is it?"

Hana peered at him through the dim light. Her eyes widened suddenly and she jumped up, snatching it away from him, "Did you read it?"

"Ah I flicked through it," He admitted, "But I didn't understand anything. Sorry. I didn't know what it was,"

Hana seemed to relax, "It's alright. It's my journal. I keep notes of my findings and ideas in here,"

"Sorry," Namjoon repeated.

Hana smiled up at him, "Don't be, it's alright. Sorry, I overreacted a bit. It's just that I write a lot of things in here,"

Namjoon pulled her to him and kissed her, "I understand. I need to do a perimeter check. Then I'll see if anyone else needs my help with chores. I'll see you at breakfast,"

"Alright," She smiled at him, gathering her clothes from the floor.

Namjoon headed to the door, "Stay away from Taehyung,"

"You don't need to tell me twice,"

***

"Hyung," Jungkook sat on the edge of a planter box, swinging his legs with his chicken in his lap.

"Kook," Yoongi rolled his eyes, "If you're going to be in here, why not actually help? You finished with the animals but I have work left to do in here before breakfast,"

"I heard Namjoon and Hana last night when I went to the bathroom,"

Yoongi paused, looking up from his work to the younger man, "Did you now?"

Jungkook nodded, "I'm glad they can both find happiness in eachother," He said, "Everyone needs somebody to be close to,"

"Where are you going with this, Jeon Jungkook?" Yoongi asked, narrowing his eyes.

Jungkook sighed, "Are you still in love with Bee?"

Yoongi went back to his work, "To be honest, Kook, that's not really your business,"

"I know you kissed her,"

Yoongi stood up straight, glaring at Jungkook, "Who told you that?"

"Nobody told me," Jungkook answered, "I saw it. It went all quiet so I opened the door to see if you'd gone, but you hadn't,"

The soldier sighed, "Listen, Kook, that isn't something I'm proud of," He said, "I kissed her without permission, and that is a terrible thing to do. Nobody but the two of us knew about it, and she agreed to forget it happened. You should do the same,"

"But Hyung, it hurts," Jungkook said, "To see you in such pain. I can see it in your eyes every time Jimin touches or kisses her. Every time they both rub her tummy or have quiet conversations. When they go up to bed together, I can see the hurt on your face,"

"Jungkook, enough," Yoongi snapped at him, "She was never mine, and she never will be. I've already accepted that, but if you keep bringing it up, how am I supposed to move on? I'm not doing anything wrong by loving her, and I will move on in my own time. Stop bugging me about it,"

Jungkook cuddled Little to his chest, burying his face into her feathers when she cooed at him, "Sorry," He mumbled quietly, "I'm just worried,"

Once again, Yoongi sighed, "I know, Kook. I'm sorry for snapping at you. But really, I'm fine, alright? I just need a little time,"

"Time to what?" Both men looked around when they heard Jimin's voice, "You're behind? I'll give you a hand. What do I do?"

"I just need to water the new plants," Yoongi said, straightening up, "I've already harvested everything for now,"

"Well tell me which ones need watering," Jimin smiled, "Daisy's almost finished breakfast," He turned to Jungkook, "Jungkook, would you go and get Jin from the tower? Get his report for me and if we aren't done by the time you get back, come and tell me,"

Jungkook beamed, glad to be useful and hopped down from the planter, "Okay!" He said happily, dashing from the greenhouse with the hen in his arms.

Yoongi pointed out what plants needed watering, and Jimin got to gathering buckets of water.

"Are you alright?" He asked suddenly, making Yoongi jump, "Jungkook seemed concerned. Anything I can do?"

'Divorce your wife,' Yoongi thought bitterly to himself, before forcing a smile to his face, "I'm fine, Sarge," He said, "I was just talking about my leg. It still twinges every now and then,"

"Hana said you damaged a muscle when you were bitten," Jimin said, "That takes a while to heal. If you're in pain, or you're struggling, you have to tell me. I don't want you suffering in silence,"

Yoongi sighed, hating himself even more for his feelings over this man's wife, "Yeah. Thanks, Jimin," He replied, "I will,"