Chapters 201-210

Chapter 241: Poisonous Bog

At the poisonous bog.

The orange-red flames resembled numerous streams flowing amidst the wet swamp. Under the baking of intense heat, the bog’s poisonous water was evaporated at a great pace.

The flames came from the fire crystals, Fiery Solar Jade, and other fire type crystals. These crystals were supposed to be used by artificers as fire sources. However, now they had no choice but to ignite these precious fire stones to dry the land and create a suitable place for Armament Sect to rest.

The crystalline fire stones emanated with fiery light as they dried the bog and burned all the tiny poisonous insects to death.

A piece of land about a hundred square meters in size without any swamp, puddle or poisonous plant in it was gradually formed under the burning flames.

The three great reverends, seven great inner sect elders, and more than a hundred surviving Armament Sect martial practitioners stood above the dry ground baked by intense flames. The serious expressions on their faces finally started to relax as time passed by.

“The poisonous bog is very dangerous. There is almost no chance for those who aren’t familiar with the characteristics of poison to survive here without having prepared the appropriate antidotes and pills.” There were several spots on Mo Hai’s clothes that had been charred by the flame sparks as he looked towards the Armament Sect members and said, “This is because this place is more dangerous, and even we have to pay a huge price to base ourselves here. Therefore, it will be more difficult than normal for Eight Extreme Temple and Profound Heaven Alliance to deal with us, whereas the five great forces will not even dare to step into this land at all. This is because none of them are proficient in poisons.”

“Mn, Profound Heaven Alliance and Eight Extreme Temple cannot be trusted. If it weren’t because the evil nether passageway had opened, they would never have let us go,”said Second Reverend Fang Qi.

“Blood Spear needs a new training ground,” Lang Xie said at the side.

“We need time, and we also need to find somewhere suitable,” opined Mo Hai.

After they had evacuated from Flame Volcano, the three great reverends and Blood Spear members had gathered together and passed through Blood Spear’s training ground, taking everything they could with them, then entered the poisonous bog.

After a road of hardships, they had finally arrived inside and forcefully scorched a piece of dry land with the fire stones, ready to set their foot in this place.

As of this moment, Armament Sect’s inner and outer sect members, added with Blood Spear’s Lang Xie and Feng Rong’s group, numbered only around one hundred.

—They did not even number one tenth of their original force.

It could be said that Armament Sect had suffered a tremendous loss, but the sect’s most important people had survived.

The inner sect’s three great reverends and seven great elders along with Blood Spear’s Lang Xie and Feng Rong were the true foundations of Armament Sect, the true core.

Those who had been killed and cleaned up by the five forces were mostly foreign delegates, outer sect martial practitioners, and outer sect disciples.

They were not part of Armament Sect’s core.

As long as Armament Sect continued to stand on Scarlet Tide Continent and could preserve its strength, then it would be a simple matter to replenish their foreign delegates, outer sect martial practitioners, and outer sect disciples.