ch3

Published 12/2/18
Rose pov

The man with a hat took a few steps forward towards Ceaser. The next thing shocked me and shook me to the bone. "GO" Ceaser screamed at the group of humans. I stared at him in shock. As long as I have lived in these woods and watched the apes I have never heard one speak before. Ceaser jumped down from the stump and in front of the humans. Another "GO" was shouted from an ape. Soon almost all of them were shouting go. I watched as the humans booked it down the trail leading off the mountain. I jumped as I felt a hand on my back. I looked up and saw an orangutan next to me. He cooed at me pointing to my wound. I smiled at him gently and signed to him. I am fine, thank you he looked shocked. You know sign? I nodded.

Before anything else could be said I had noticed the ape I call blue eyes, move towards Ceaser.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw an ape covered in scars approach me with a spear in his hand. He had one eye, and it was full of hate before I could move the orangutan got in front of me, protecting me from the scared ape.  Before a fight could break out between the two apes Ceaser came up and stopped them.

Once the orangutan moved to reveal me, I looked up at the ape leader for a second then back to the ground. "Human....must... Die" a deep broken voice growled I guessed it was the scared ape.

"No...my son says....she saved them" Ceaser spoke. I took the chance to look up at Ceaser. He had a small gentle look on his face. Soon I remembered my pups. My eyes widen and I sit up. I must get back to my family they will die without me I sign to Ceaser, I wince in pain at my stomach from the gunshot wound. The scared ape growled at me. "More....humans". "No no, not humans they are wolf pups, I saved them," I told them. I looked into Ceasers eyes begging. "Show me" Ceaser spoke. I nodded and turn towards the tree where I had left the fish. The blue-eyed ape must have figured I left something there because he went over and pulled out my basket full of fish I smiled at him in thanks.

I heard a coo from behind me and saw the orangutan With leaves he gestured to my wound.  I slowly lifted my blood-soaked shirt. I watched as he covered my wound with a temporary bandage. I nodded in thanks. I stood up slowly only to almost lose my balance, I was caught by blue eyes. I smiled and nodded in thanks soon regaining my balance.

I took my basket from blue eyes and headed down the trail to my cave. A group of apes flowing me while another group followed the human group. I was happy that the scared ape was following them and not me.