Ch.5

I stand up, shaking reversing everything I've done with my powers.

"I'm fine, dad. I'll be okay," I say, wanting to leave the room. This was my safe place and I wanted to leave. He was in my safe place.

"Just know, if you ever need to talk about anything, I'll be here," he says. I pause, there is something I want to talk about.

"Mom. I want to talk about mom," I watch as his face flashes with an emotion I can't read.

He falters, clears his voice, and says, "honey, not this again. Mom, mom is dead."

"And who killed her?! Who ended her life?! I've been blaming her for her death, blaming her for leaving us but I want to know who's truly at fault," I yell.

My dad look down, "I'll tell you later. I can't tell you now. Not now."

He walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. I yell out in frustration and punch the bag again. With aggression comes fire and earth.

With fire and earth comes small rocks that are on fire. If you touch them, you'll get very burnt. I hated the rocks because I'd always step on them and hurt my feet.

I kept punching the punching bag. This is why I haven't been killed by over using my powers. Whenever I feel sad or mad or anything that isn't normal I go into this room and I let my power run wild.

Usually my powers play by my emotions. If I'm mad, it's fire and earth. Sad is water and air. Earlier I had freaked out, so all my emotions ran wild.

Right now I'm just mad, so tiny fire rocks. My arms ached. My heart ached. My entire body was aching. And yet I kept punching.

Maybe mom didn't die. Maybe mom left us. It would make things better. I could be mad at her for leaving, I could blame her for everything.

I punched harder, gasping to breath. Hot sweat rolled down my body. My eyesight blurred and I realized it wasn't only sweat, it was tears.

I blinked them away but my attempts proved to be futile. More and more tears came and left. They were on and off until I heard a knock at the door.

"(Y/N), someone's come to see you. Might want to get ready," I heard my dad's muffled voice call out.

Useless. Mom left. Mom died. It's because of you. Stupid, stupid, dumb, useless. Mom's gone because of you.

The thought wasn't aimed at my dad, it was aimed at me. A familiar feeling of sadness took over my body, starting at my gut and flowing through my entire body.

I simply grunted in response, not wanting to respond. My dad seemed to understand as I didn't hear him anymore.

I punched the bag a few more times before stopping. My knuckles looked as if I had dragged them through lava. They were bloody and bruised.

I groaned silently before taking control of my emotions again. I took deep breaths, calming myself.

After I got my breathing in track and my emotions under control I filled the room with water, except for a small ball around my head which protected me from drowning.

All the blood and sweat on me washed away. After all the blood was gone I made the water disappear and quickly reversed my clothes, making them dry.

I groaned to myself as I saw the room still in shambles. I had to undo this. As I was undoing it I heard the door open.

I was collecting the stones in a small pile, getting ready to reverse them out of existence, when I saw a head peek in.

"Hello, Saiki," I responded coldly.

I have a job to do, why is he here? He probably doesn't care about me anyway, we should keep it that way.

"I'm just here to check on you, per my moms request," he says to me. I groan.

"Tell your mom that I'm fine. And don't come back while you're at it," I told him.

"I have to give you my moms number. she told me to."

"Well then? Where's the paper with her number?"

"Oh, here," Saiki hands me a small piece of paper, which I immediately shove into my pocket.

"Thank you, but you can leave now," I tell him, not willing to spend another second near him. He nods and walks off.

I make the rocks disappear, leaving a small flame in their place, a flame I kept under control by molding it with my hands, almost as if it was a pot.

Usually there were only small setbacks when two powers combined. This was one of the setbacks.

"Oh yeah—," I heard Saiki's voice call out.

I quickly freak out and turn my head to face him, the flames next to me growing. I panic.

What to do, what to do. I could either try and stop the flame, but that would give me away. Or I could deal with Saiki, but then the flame would overtake the house and I can't put it out, it has to go out on its own.

I figure that burning my house down would be worse than Saiki finding out I had powers, considering he probably had his own, I mean he teleported and stuff.

I turn to the fire, melding it down, back into the small flame it had previously been. I focus all of my attention to the flame.

When it disappears I turn to Saiki again, saying to him, "if you tell anyone I will not hesitate to tell them about your powers."

He seemed taken aback. Maybe I was wrong, maybe he didn't actually have powers. No, I saw him teleport. I know I did.

"How did you know?"