Ch.8

Maybe I went a little overboard. I looked at the note in my hand. It was an apology to Saiki. I don't know why I made it, or why I'm apologizing, but it's here.

I crumble it up and throw it into my trash can.

"Slam dunk," I yell out to myself. Hey, it's not a slam dunk but that throw would've been a three pointer, let me have my fun.

"This is stupid," I say as I lean forward in the seat and let out a puff of air. "I don't even need to apologize, so why am I?"

I lean back again and stare at my ceiling for a minute before hearing a crash from right outside my room, followed by a knock at my door.

I open the door to see my dad sitting there, our laundry on him and him being soaking wet.

How does he even get in these situations? Like really? How? I need to know this.

I roll my eyes and reverse what happened. The water went to a small glass cup and being as I can't fix the glass up because I can control earth not glass, the water just landed on the ground.

My dad picks himself up, picking up the clothes while he's at it and steps over the small puddle. He walks into my room and lays the laundry on my bed before walking out.

"What would I do without you," he asks.

I roll my eyes and say, "accidentally kill yourself. That being said, might want to clean up that water before you—."

Before I can finish my sentence he slips backwards and lands on his back. He immediately starts coughing and struggled to get his breath back.

I let out a laugh before telling him, "before you fall. Ha, ha, ha!"

"Why do you spite me, child," he asks jokingly. I laugh harder and my dad chuckles.

I go to help him up when I hear a knock at my door. Like, the front door, not my room door. I immediately let go of my dad, causing him to fall flat on his back again, and go over to the door.

Who would come at such a strange time?

I open the door and who do I see. None other than Nendou, or weird hair cut, Shun, the delusional guy, and Saiki. I groan internally and Saiki looks at me with a knowing look.

I laugh silently at it before hearing Nendou speak, "hey, (Y/N), we were wondering if you wanted to get ramen with us?"

I accidentally laugh or loud and Nendou just joins in, like an idiot. Shun just silently asks what's funny and Saiki stands emotionless.

I look over my shoulder at my dad in hopes he'll tell me I have chores but instead he sends me a thumbs up. I glare at him but he ignores it and turns around to continue cleaning.

"Perfect," Nendou exclaims. He grabs my arm and before I can protest he drags me away from my house.

"Let go of me," I yell out after a few minutes of walking. His grip was on my upper arm and it felt like I was being dragged away to be beat and not dragged away for ramen.

Nendou gives a small apology to me and let's go of my arm. I rub where he held me but keep walking.

I groan internally and keep walking. Saiki falls behind and walks next to me. We continue to walk in a comfortable silence before I talk.

"Sorry," I say, out loud. Nendou and Shun seem too caught up in finding the ramen shop to notice.

For what, I hear Saiki's voice echo through my head.

"I don't know. I guess I'm sorry for using your powers to threaten you into silence, there were better ways to get you to be quiet," I respond.

Saiki hums and says, well I would've done the same.

I laugh at that and see a small glint of happiness in Saiki's eyes. After laughing I settle for a small smile.

After that we walked in silence, minus Nendou's idiot comments and Shun's struggle to work a map.

After almost an hour of walking, we got nowhere. In fact, we were farther from the ramen shop than before.

"It's this way," yells Shun. I roll my eyes and crab the back of his collar.

"No, it's not, you idiot. I don't know which way it is, but it certainly isn't that way," I tell him. He looks down guiltily before looking up again beaming.

"Well it's just me trying to throw off the Dark Reunion so they can't get us. It is my job as the jet black—," I cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah. Jet black-wings, whatever. Saiki where is the ramen shop," I turn to Saiki. He points in a direction and I immediately start dragging Shun in that direction.

"Come on, losers, we've got ramen to eat," I tell Nendou and Saiki. Nendou runs ahead of us and Saiki simply follows silently.

We walk for a few more minutes before the ramen shop comes into view. Everything seems to start going fine.

We're close to the ramen shop, we've bumped into no one, and we're no longer lost. I roll my eyes at my own thoughts and keep walking.

I had let go of Shun's collar a while ago but Shun still looked as if I was dragging him around against his will.

As we start to open the ramen shops door we hear a sharp voice saying, "hello!"

I turn only to see the one and only glowing girl running towards us.

Teruhashi.