Ch.20

"(Y/N)? (Y/N), what's wrong," Kusuo asked from behind me. I didn't respond and continued walking away.

I didn't want to talk to him. To him or Teruhashi or anyone. I didn't want to talk to anyone.

I wanted to sit here in my sadness and cry. Maybe crawl into a hole when I do. Probably crawl into my bed though if anything.

"(Y/N)? Talk to me," Kusuo calls after me. I lower my head and feel my lip quiver. I start jogging home and I hope that Kusuo doesn't follow my actions.

Thankfully, he doesn't. Instead, he does something much worse. As I feel tears start they're way down my cheeks, I run into someone.

I look up and, through blurred vision, see Kusuo standing there. He pulls me into a hug after he sees my face.

I bury my head in his chest and suddenly, the outside world feels light. My body feels like it's been squeezed and pulls like taffy for a few hours.

But as soon as it came, it stopped. I moved out of Kusuo's grip and ran to somewhere. I took a moment to figure out where I was.

Kusuo's house, presumably his parents aren't home. I rush over to the bathroom and kneel down above the toilet.

I throw up whatever was in my stomach. I feel some pats on my back and I know it's coming from Kusuo.

"Sorry," he apologizes. "I didn't realize this would happen."

With my newly emptied stomach, I accept his apology. I lean on his bathtub side and let out a breath. My throat aches and I wish I had some water.

"Here," Kusuo speaks up. He's holding a glass of water out to me and I take it gratefully. I may not want to be around someone but my mind did a complete 180 and decided that I could trust Kusuo.

"Now tell me what's wrong," Kusuo pressures me. "Please..."

I look up at Kusuo and see a hint of hurt in his eyes. I hurt him. Oh, god, I hurt him. I didn't want to do that.

"I'm sorry," I choke out. More tears threaten to fall out as I realize that I was the one who hurt him. "Manai- Manai just-."

Kusuo puts his hand on my shoulder and sits next to me. I feel comfort in the action and I go to talk again, taking it slower this time.

"Manai- she betrayed me. I thought she was great but I just learned she's been talking about me behind my back," I say. "Bad things."

Kusuo hums and I keep talking.

"I thought we were friends! How could she do this to me? You know what," I ask, looking at Kusuo. "I'm going to call her right now."

I yank my phone out of my pocket and go to the phone app. Kusuo stop me before I hit her contact.

"You sure you want to," he asks me. I nod and hit the call button. Rings go through the air as I put the phone on speaker so Kusuo can hear.

"(Y/N)," Manai's voice makes me skin boil with anger. All the sadness I felt before had disappeared. "What's up?"

"What's up? What's up?! You wanna know what's up," I yell at Manai. "You're talking about me! Behind my back!"

"And? You're delusional and a psycho! You told me you have powers and tricked me to believe it," Manai yells back. "Well guess what? I don't believe you anymore!"

Manai laughs, "I haven't for a while! Even while you were here! I decided that since you fed me lies, I'd feed you lies! Me being your friend? A fake, it's all a huge fake. Like you!"

I close my eyes and take deep breaths.

"And also—."

I hang up the call. I drop my phone and it hits the ground. I curl up on myself, falling to the floor and weeping.

Manai betrayed me. It was a planned betray. She doesn't believe, hasn't for a while. I want to look up at Kusuo and ask if he believes me but I don't want him to see my tear stained face.

Kusuo, do you believe I have powers, I ask through my brain, knowing he would hear it.

I don't hear anything for a moment. Arms pull me into them and I'm not longer a curled up ball.

Instead, I'm hanging onto Kusuo. It's a warm hug, very comforting. But it didn't answer my question.

Maybe he actually doesn't believe me and he just doesn't want to say. Doubts start rolling in fast but Kusuo breaks the silence in the room.

"Yes," he speaks.

Relief runs through me and I feel happy. But then I realize he could be lying, just like Manai. But Kusuo wouldn't lie to me, right?

"I believe you, (Y/N). I know you wouldn't lie to me and, besides, I have powers too so I can't just ignore yours," Kusuo explains.

And then I feel happy. I feel calm and collected. I feel as if I didn't just doubt all my friends and my boyfriend.

I break out of Kusuo's hug and stand up. Kusuo follows me out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.

I collapse on his bed and try to stay awake but his bed calls me. A few minutes or hours of sleep couldn't hurt my sleep schedule.

I look over at Kusuo, who's sitting at his desk. I smile to myself and think about all that we've done together, all that we've been through.

I feel my eyes droop as I continue staring at him. I realize that my staring at him would probably look creepy so I close my eyes for a moment.

And I'm out like a light, sleep engulfing me.