Small Signs

"She has a galaxy in her eyes,

A universe in her mind.

She wore a thousand faces,

All to hide her own."
_______________________

We greeted Alpha Zander in the foyer of Livius' ridiculously large castle, and surprisingly enough I allowed my mate the honor of holding my hand.

Yeah, shocker.

Zander was a tall wolf with pale white skin, light brown eyes, and dirty blonde hair that barely grew past his ears. I could've mistaken him for a vampire if it wasn't for the wolfish scent he wore. His face was pulled into a serious expression, and somehow I found that extremely amusing.

I've been in the presence of a King for the past three days, I knew when someone was trying too hard to look powerful

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I've been in the presence of a King for the past three days, I knew when someone was trying too hard to look powerful.

Although I had to admit that he did look slightly intimidating. He did after all gain the powers of an Alpha, but that strength was barely enough to make me cower.

Before I knew it, Livius had shook hands with him, they exchanged a few words, and a wolf was already leading the Alpha and his wolves to their respective rooms.

"You're telling me," I began slowly as Livius and I walked down the hall, "that I dressed up, brushed my hair, and all that shit, just so I can stand by your side looking like a fuckin' mannequin."

"A cute mannequin, let's also not forget the fact that you smiled," he replied.

I glowered up at him,"Not funny."

"It wasn't meant to be funny, my love. I stated a fact. Mannequins do not smile."

"You're so..." I attempted to find the words, but nothing could truly describe this man.

"Loving? Kind? Generous?" he offered, smirking.

"Aggravating," I finally exclaimed, and he chuckled.

Pulling open the door to his office, he held it for me, gesturing for me to step in, and I huffed before complying.

My brows shot up as I took in the dimly lit room.

Not bad.

Towards the end of the office was a large desk, with a comfortable looking black chair behind it. He had two shelves of books against the wall, and a portrait of what seemed to be the royal crest hanging behind him. In the middle of the room was a set of cream colored furniture, and a matching coffee table. The walls were a rich brown, and the room had a double ceiling with a chandelier hanging from the middle.

 The walls were a rich brown, and the room had a double ceiling with a chandelier hanging from the middle

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.