31

Kuan-Yin and Kuan-Bai's family returned to their home in the South Ming Continent along with Chen who followed them. The group made arrangement their leave for a month from the North Fa Continent. The fastest transportation took 2 weeks travelling back and forth between the two continents. During their preparation, Kuan-Bai's scaly skin started to spread more on his arms, legs and face.

Kuan-Yin was obviously baffled with this skin condition as the scales on his body were smooth but hard like armour probably even stronger. While the scales on his face were softer and the pigment of the scales varied in colour depending on where they grew. The scales on his body was more of a navy colour while the one on his face was much more azure colour. "What race do you think mother was?" Kuan-Yin inquired since their mother left after Kuan-Yin was born.

Kuan-Bai was covering his scales with a veil, "Mother was very evasive type of person she was always trying to hide something from us especially since you were born," He stared at the scales that formed on his arm, "Though occasionally I would see mother have scales but I never really paid attention to them,"

Kuan-Yin examines the scales upon closer inspection the pattern of the scales were much different to that of a reptilian race. "These scales don't look like they are from the reptilian race so I can cross that off," Kuan-Yin obviously trying to rack her brain for an answer that was much needed now, "That leaves either the dragon race or the mermaid race,"

Chen popped out of nowhere examining the scales on Kuan-Bai's skin to see whether he could be of use, "Highly unlikely the dragon race,"

"Why's that?" Kuan-Bai questioned the white-haired male.

"Dragon scales have more of a diamond shape so they have a pointed edge," Chen grabbed Kuan-Bai's arm pointing at the scales, "Look here his scales are more rounded like a fish's scales."

"How do you know that?" Kuan-Bai further question Chen.

"Oh I forgot you don't know that I'm a demon and I rule over the demon realm," Chen smirked cheekily, "So I know these things," he revealed his fluffy white fox ears that flickered on will.

Kuan-Yin pinched both grown man on the arm, "Stop fighting you two!" Kuan-Yin was sick of their bickering with each other. After the small punishment, the two grown men received they ceased their bickering to travel to the South Ming Continent. The travel between was long and overbearing, especially with the heat. "Chen you have a Frost Physique make use of it now," Kuan-Yin was boiling in the heat, she was unaware of how much the heat was affecting her. But, it just wasn't her but also Kuan-Bai was fanning himself to keep his temperature down. Soon, the carriage was filled with an icy breeze that seems to alleviate some of the heat.

The carriage stopped for the night to set up camp. The men set up the tents and bed while the women set up dinner but Kuan-Yin didn't allow Chu Hua to help since she was pregnant. Soon, dinner was served to everyone to eat which Kuan-Yin demanded ice from Chen to use for her food. The servant set up baths for the men to have a bath which they were extremely quick with and it was the females turn to bathe. Kuan-Yin prefers to bath by herself and as she was washing she felt hard fragments on her back. She tried to pull it but an intense pain came once she pulled, she let out a short shout of pain that alert everyone's attention.

"Yin'er what's wrong?" Chu Hua came to Kuan-Yin side hoping to be of help.

"I felt a hard fragment on my back and I tried to pull it off but as I pulled it started to hurt." Kuan-Yin was now worried about this predicament, "Can you check what it looks like?"

Chu Hua checked Kuan-Yin's back, "Yin'er I think you have a scale exactly like your brother only it's smaller but a more of a pastel purple accompanied by a beautiful baby blue colour." Kuan-Yin was obviously depleted of energy with this problem that was affecting Kuan-Bai but also Kuan-Yin. Kuan-Yin's scales were now spreading at a faster rate then Kuan-Bai, Kuan-Yin's scales were more widespread on her skin however stopped spread once they covered the majority of her skin. Same as Kuan-Yin, Kuan-Bai's scales had ceased spreading on his body. Both had some of their normal skin remain untouched by the scales that grew on their body.