41

The rest of the negotiations had finished, more festivities began to lighten the tense mood. Kuan-Yin was eating what Chen and his mother were feeding her. Peking duck, dumplings, pork belly, and all the foods from the other foreign lands. "You know I am fully capable of eating myself right?" Kuan-Yin was pushing away their feverish chopsticks from feeding her like a baby.

Chen's mother was more persist in feeding her, "You are my daughter! I have the right to treat you like a baby now that you're mine!" She glared at her husband, pouting, "Because of a certain somebody my wishes to have a daughter were not granted!"

Her husband was there sighing heavily just sipping his tea. Chen sat next to him whine like a kid because his mother was sitting next to Kuan-Yin feeding her because she shoved him aside. "Mother shouldn't I will be the one feeding her?" he drew circles on the table as tears came running down.

His mother glared at him, "You can see her whenever you want, " she broke the chopsticks in her hand, "Your poor mummy hardly sees her daughter and you want to spend time with her!"

Chen father grabbed Chen's shoulder, "Just let your mother be, you have it a lot easier, " He sighed quietly, "Because you are her son."

"Father!"

"You will be fighting a losing battle, " Chen's Father started drawing circles on the table, "I also want to pamper Yin'er. Why did I have a useless son like you? I would rather have Yin'er as a daughter."

"Yin'er my own parents are bullying me!" Chen complained to Kuan-Yin.

Kuan-Yin smirked, "I quite like being pampered by your parents."

"You don't care about your hubby?" Chen pouted and grabbed a handkerchief, "What has this world come to? My own wife has left me after being seduced by my parents endless pampering."

"Chen I'm not your wife." Kuan-Yin happily continued to eat what she was fed by Chen's parents. "And I don't mind the endless pampering."

"Yin'er that is a hard blow to my heart," Chen dramatically sprawled on his chair.

Lisa, Ned, Jingwei and three other stranger came to the table which the Chen family were happily pampering Kuan-Yin.

"Greetings to the Southern Foreign Lands," Kuan-Yin politely greeted the three strangers.

"There is no need for such formality in this event," the flamboyant redhead happily spoke, "Your scales are of such magnificent colour which is not common among our kind."

"Kind?" Everyone else besides the three stranger was confused.

"Oh! We instantly knew you were of mermaid bloodline though only half because of your singing!" The redhead explains.

"You could tell I was a mermaid by my singing?" Kuan-Yin was confused.

"Of course, only mermaids can sing that well, casting magic into the world through only their songs." The redhead continued to ramble, "Also, your voice was echoed as it was amplified by the cliff you were singing from. Also who was the person accompanying you?" Endless explanations and questions were being thrown at the people but Lisa and Ned had a hard time catching up.

"So? Can you give me an explanation to why the song just came out me like that?" Kuan-Yin was easily able to open to the redhead.

"Powerful emotions such as grief, regret and sorrow can evoke such a powerful magic ritual you performed," the redhead scratched her head, "You must have practiced your singing ability to be able to portray such raw power."

Kuan-Yun was stunned. "Ritual?"

"The song you sang is meant for the spirit for the deceased to pass on." The redhead, "That ritual is extremely difficult even the most talent songstress has difficulty with it."

She had never sung in her life neither this or her previous life. "I have never sung before honestly."

"Never sung?" The elderly exclaimed loudly, "Impossible! The only way you can have such raw talent is that you have supreme mermaid bloodline flowing within you which can only be produced by high nobility or royalty."

The male calmed the elderly woman, "Young girl if it is okay with you for me to ask a personal question."

Kuan-Yin nodded, overwhelmed by the three in front of her.

"Can I ask for your mother's name?" The male was obviously very hesitant to ask this question. "Nevermind! You don't have to answer this question if you don't want to."

"Qiu Qing Yuan." Kuan-Yin answered, "That was my mother's name."

"So it is you!" The elderly gasped, "You are Qing'er child."

"Mother don't forget Big sister had a son too." The redhead reminded the elderly woman.

"Ah yes, the eldest son!" The elder had tears building up in the corners of her eye. Kuan-Yin grabbed a cloth and wiped away the elder's tears.

"You know my mother?" Kuan-Yin was nervous but excited to find something about the other side of the family.

"Qing'er is part of the royal family in the Southern Foreign Lands." The male explained.

Susu who was next to Kuan-Yin gasped, "Mistress you have too much power on your hands," Susu began whispering, "You have the Rose Quartz Jade from Master Zhong, White Jade from the Second Prince, Black Jade from the Emperor and now this!"

"As the saying goes," Kuan-Yin sighed heavily, "With great power come great responsibility."

The banquet ended quite peacefully, Kuan-Yin had invited Lisa, Ned and the trio from the Southern Lands to come to the Jingwei Sect.