32

Both Kuan-Yin and Kuan-Bai walked into the Tang Manor readying themselves for the truth. "Father we need to talk." Kuan-Bai was the first to speak obviously more comfortable to talk with Father. Father obviously annoyed with the previous situation didn't realise his children's appearance.

"Kuan-Bai not now," Father began sorting out the paperwork on the desk. "I will talk with you later today."

Kuan-Bai took the papers from the desk and stack them away from Father's reach, clearing the desk from the clutter of distraction. Father sighed and looked up at his childrshadow of a the surprise of their appearance. Kuan-Bai stood impatiently while Kuan-Yin silently stood there with no expression. He was silent when looking at the both of them with the reaction, almost in a trance that the both of them weren't expecting.

"Care to explain this Father?" Kuan-Bai emphasised the word father to snap Father out of his trance. Which Father did snap out of his trance but he stayed silent, "We have all the time in the world."

Father pinched in between his eyebrows obviously frustrated with this new problem, "The both of you are hybrids between a mermaid and a human which are your mother and me." He let a heavy sigh escape his lips, "We weren't sure whether the both of you would come out healthy since no one has attempted to mix mermaid and human blood together,"

Kuan-Bai crosses his arm obviously ticked off since no one bothered to tell him about his true identity. While Kuan-Yin stood beside Kuan-Bai frowning her brow obviously still confused with the secrecy of this issue. "But, why hide it from us?"

Father stared at Kuan-Yin only to have a pained expression on his face that seem to see the similarities between his beloved wife and daughter. "Your mother was from the Southern Foreign Lands however she kept her identity secret from everyone," Father was very much struggling to continue, "She had to return to the sea every 6 months to keep her scales under control. Especially when the moon shines the brightest her scales appear on her skin at a rapid rate." He told the secrets that he kept for years.

"The both of us have mermaid blood in us," Kuan-Bai took his cloak off revealing the extent of the spread of the scales, "You could have told us about the truth earlier."

Father slammed his hand in the table, "We thought that your mermaid blood wouldn't activate ever in your lives." The table cracked upon the pressure of their Father's hand, "Your mother was high ranked cultivator and alchemist however with her reputation she was always targeted for her lineage but also her blood."

Both Kuan-Yin and Kuan-Bai were shocked by their father's anger. But, both of them were also angry at their father. "You were trying to protect us from Mother's enemies?" Kuan-Yin's voice was cold and indifferent towards her own father.

"Your mother wanted me to protect you from any harm." Father calmed himself from any further headaches.

Kuan-Bai laughed at Father as if Father's words were a joke, "Protect us?" Kuan-Bai glared at Father coldly, "You haven't lifted a finger when both Yin'er and I had to struggle living in this household."

Kuan-Yin grabbed Kuan-Bai's sleeve grabbing his attention quickly. She stepped forward to face her father and grabbed him hand. "Father I don't blame you for neglecting the both of us in our early childhood," Kuan-Yin held her father's hand firmly, "However, isn't it unfair that you treat Third Sister and Fourth Brother with the utmost care while the children of your beloved wife are treated like nothing?" Kuan-Yin was gentle with her tone however her words were like needles that pricked her father's heart.

Father clenched his fist silently however Kuan-Yin noticed this, "Is it because Kuan-Bai and I look like a mother that you refuse to look at us let alone take care or protect us?" Kuan-Yin definitely hit home to their father's heart, "Does it pain you to look at us because we look like mother?"

Kuan-Bai stared at his younger sister with shocked with the questions that seem to hit home and strike Father's heart so much. So much that Father realises because of his action his relationship between him and his children are so distant almost non-existent if it wasn't for their blood ties. Kuan-Bai was also affected by the question that Kuan-Yin asked that seem to voice the deeply buried questions in his heart for years. Tears that he held back to stay strong for years of neglect had fallen from his eyes blurring his vision.

"Recently you started to pay attention to us," Kuan-Yin released her grip and slipping out of her father's hand. "Is it because of the achievements that you started to care for us? You may seem like a caring father but inside you are a greedy and desperate man who wants power." She glared at her father with resentment.

Kuan-Yin was throwing poisonous words at her Father one after another. Father clenched his fist and teeth, "You're absolutely correct that when I look at the both of you I see my dead wife all I feel is a pain." He chuckled lightly, "I was fully aware of the neglect and abuse the both of you faced in your childhood."

Kuan-Bai slammed his arm on the table, cracks were run through the table until it caved and fell. "So you were fully aware of our struggles yet didn't you help us." Kuan-Bai took his cloak and covered his body before storming out.

Kuan-Yin stood in the room alone with her father and she gave him a bottle with a spider lily emblem on it. She put her cloak back on before going out of the Tang Manor. "Yin'er where are you leaving to?" Her father grabbed her arms questioning her constant leave, "How are you able to survive out there without any cultivating skills?"

"Tell me first how to get rid of these scales?" Kuan-Yin's voice was monotone having no affection with her father.

"You will have to go to the Southern Foreign Lands for that." Kuan-Yin's father answered while Kuan-Yin sighed in annoyance.

Kuan-Yin smiled sadly at her father, "You have no idea how much your own daughter has grown." She showed him the rose quartz jade and the black jade pendant showing how much power she holds.

Her father confused at the sight of both jade pendant then he suddenly realises the carving on them. "How did you get Lian Jianyu's rose quartz?" Father was frantic once he saw Jianyu's personal jade in his daughter's hands. "Why do you have it?"

Kuan-Yin laughed lightly at his father clueless to the obvious answer, "I am Lian Jianyu." Kuan-Yin covered herself with the veil and cloak and walked out of the Tang Manor while Kuan-Yin's father followed her out. "In about 2 weeks Kuan-Bai and I will cut out family ties from the Tang Family."

Once Kuan-Yin's father this he panicked, "Why are you cut ties with the Tang family?"

Once the word Tang family escaped from his lips, Kuan-Yin could only shake her head in disappointment, "Because now that you know my identity you will only use me for your own benefit and you won't treat me like a daughter." Tears were falling from her eyes as she stared at her father, "And because of your actions I had suffered under stepmother and her childhood abuse. I never complained to you because I knew you were working for the family."

Kuan-Yin's father could only stare at Kuan-Yin with an indescribable emotion of regret and hurt. "I'm sorry." That was all her say at that moment.

Kuan-Yin wipes her tears away with her sleeve, "Sorry isn't going to cut it now, You are ten years too late." She placed the hood of the cloak on her head, "From here on out we are no longer family. Goodbye." Tears were already falling and a shadow loomed over her petite body. Chen wrapped his arms around Kuan-Yin and took her elsewhere far away from this place.

—————
If anyone has forgotten Tang Li Wei is the father of Kuan siblings and the Third Miss and Fourth Master I the Tang family.

Tang Li Wei came back into his office to see his destroyed table. He moved to a wall with a window seat which he sat on with his shoulder hunched. He grabbed the bottle that his daughter gave him smelling the content to identify what type of medicine was inside, a high-grade medicine that needed a high-rank alchemist to make with high graded ingredients. He placed his head on the wall with tears streaming down his face. Even when he neglected his own daughter all these years she still cared for him until he lost her forever.