▪ Chapter 3 ▪

In the mansion

Rui was on the floor, staring back at the vampire brothers.  She slowly stood up and took an unnoticeable deep breath then organized her thoughts on the situation.

"Fu~fu~ poor little lamb~ your sister left you and ran away alone~" Laito smirked at the little pinkette.
Kanato clutched his teddy close to his chest and smiled at it gleefully "Ne~ Teddy... this little human is pitful, isn't she~? Being abondend by her pathetic  sister Heh~"

Rui glanced at the dark hallway then the brothers. The girl closed her eyes and thought of what she should say, then told them straight how she felt "I don't blame her for running away alone and leaving me here. She's a human after all... so I understand, plus there was nothing she could do for me in this situation anyways."

Her voice didn't waiver and it showed neither of fear or anger, it was calm.
That seemed to catch few of the brothers off guard, as they didn't expect her to say that.
"Fu~Ara?~ Is that so?~" Laito said as he showed an amused grin on his face.

Ayato grinned at Rui "Hmm... kid, you don't seem scared." He pushed himself off the armchair and walked towards the girl until they were only few inches apart. He just stood there, waiting for the 10 year old to respond.

'Avoid him cleanly.' Was what she thought. "Really? How odd.." Rui said monotonously and her eyes almost gave off an bored expression. Ayato's eyes twitched a little at the girl and he opened his mouth to say something but before he could do it, Rui beat him to it. "Shouldn't you guys go after my sister?"
And that's when Reiji joined in.

"Continue your little chit chat later. You guys, go after the sister." He said strictly. Ayato sent a glare at his brother and then threw a glance at Rui the last time "Tch, fine." Then he disapeared into thin air.
'Sorry, Yui. You couldn't have made it out of the house anyway.' Rui thought and looked around the room and found it empty all of a sudden.

Pinkette walked to the couch and flopped on her back on the cushiony surface. She layed there for few seconds and let out a loud sigh after hearing a faint scream from the hallway.
'How troublesome..'

After a while, a voice called out "Oi, human, hurry up and follow me." Rui turned to see who it was and spotted Subaru walking into the hallway. 'I guess Yui already fainted.'
The little girl quickly followed the white head and ended up next to a rich wooden door. She looked at it and then turned to see Subaru but he was already long gone from the sight.

The girl just shrugged it off. Rui placed her palm on the nob and gently pushed it open. The room was a simple bedroom with a queen sized bed and few wooden furnitures, and the color scheme consisted of plain white and few shades of grey and purple, also she spotted her own suitcase in there.

Rui ran her fingers across the nearest wardrobe then pulled them up and observed the tips of her fingers after. 'Surprisingly clean, huh... then again, I didn't expected to have a separate room from Yui. I mean I was with her ever since I came to this word.' She thought as she walked towards her suitcase near the bed.
Rui muttered "I guess I'll have to organize it before going to bed.."

"Tukk! Tuuck-tuk~!!"

Someone knocked on the door rather loudly. 'It's probably Reiji.' The girl thought and turned to the door before saying
"You can come in."

The door creaked open and as Rui expected, it was Reiji. He came in and eyed the little girl "I have something to discuss with you." He said keeping a straight face.
Rui:"Go on." She responded, also keeping a straight face like him.

Reiji:"I was supposed to have this talk with your sister but currently it seems impossible. Tomorrow, we'll be attending night school but due to your age, it is most likely not possible." He said as he pushed his glasses up.